Study conditions @ school (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering if you guys had exclusive use of library or a dedicated study area for seniors since it's HSC and all... I don't think we have a set area for our school =( so it's probably better to study at home.. although on Monday only yr12s were allowed in library before school.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
upstairs in the library is senior study area but the year 11s insist on playing soccer and we got the common room if you can study while everyone is playing worms and drinking woodies.

HSC
We have a senior study room in the library but its pretty useless cos the juniors make so much noise when they go into the library we can hear them through the walls!
I've resorted to the local library- no talking whatsoever!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys have lots of little kids playing computer games? Whilst it's great our school got good computers capable of playing CS, N64 emus, etc.. it's really annoying having those idiots around- all day, recess, lunch, before school... they're there playing games making a load of noise.

HSC
God yeah! The worst times this year were when i went to the library at lunch to study for an exam in the afternoon but there was always like a hundred kids on the computers playing games... and then there were those little geeks with their chestboards, the librarians laughing and gossiping, teachers having loud meetings....
I don't really understand the point of a library anymore!

Teachers are actually pretty inconsiderate sometimes... i remember in our half yearlies they were having conversations in the middle of the exam room!

Zali

HSC
Only yr11 n 12 at my school and the libry is shared with the university so theres never much noise, people only go in there 2 study, we've got separate computer labs

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wish more kids played chess- at least it's quiet.

Do you guys ever have little kids fighting over cheating and then they start unplugging each other's computer cables from behind? I couldn't stop ROFLing until one yr10 boy claimed to know Wu Shu (nb. I respect the martial arts) and scared some Aussie guy by swinging his arms around and making funny noises- then he slapped the other kid.

*couldn't stop ROFLing for so long*

HSC
Lozzyl said:
the library is all we've got too, but yeah, there's always little ferals running around

however, the library gets used for exams for people with special provisions so it depends on whether or not there is an exam on then
yeah we have that special provisions crap going on too.... pretty useless if ur trying to find sumwhere to study! The library is all we've got.... unless you count the yr 12 classrooms.... except one problem- they're on top of the music rooms!
Go figure!

Lozzyl

Sensational Member
HSC
the library is all we've got too, but yeah, there's always little ferals running around

however, the library gets used for exams for people with special provisions so it depends on whether or not there is an exam on then

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
We used to have an "annexe" (ie. demountable) for Yr12s only... but somehow it got moved to Cherrybrook Tech >_>

only_if

We are pretty lucky our school has an LRC which is our library and we have heaps of computers and free printing (but like everything gets added to our fees)
plus we have our own study area upstairs in the library- pretty good! but when everyone comes back from holidays its crazy-

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow free printing- what school is that? We have the BEAR solutions system where you put money onto a card (prepay it) and then everytime you print/photocopy it's 15c (they promised us it'd come down in price- and that was 2 yrs ago >_>)

micky25

HSC
we have a 'senior study centre' which is a few rooms of computers, some little classroom type things and a foyer with the comfiest lounge in the world above the library and our common room... only they always have classes in the computer rooms (like year 4 classes) .. so much for SENIOR study centre :S

HSC
heys jace, yeahh my bro was going on how today he made some boy cry, i duno but apparently my brother is good at chess and the boy lost and cried ... yeahh ..

i would like chess maybe if i knew more how to play, me = cheap, i like to eat the prawns.

Lanz122

we have our library with heaps of room n then at the top is the yr 12 'silent' room...not very silent but still...

JayBMc

HSC
My school is fucked...Our year 12 common was taken away...the library is over taken by year 7 and 8 "readin classes" where they learn to use a fucking library. So basically nowhere.

xx__savannah

HSC
At my school, there's a library which generally has classes or on-line people there, but two seminar rooms if you want some quiet. Otherwise there's the senior study, but we had one guy break his neck, so he does his HSC in there, so there's no where good for the year 12s to study,

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Our seminar rooms got removed (to expand the computer section), and the only Yr12 study area we ever had got shipped off to CTHS =( Oh well... On the upside Castle Hill Library and Baulkham Hills Library are only a few busstops away ¬_¬

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)