Study and Music... good/bad?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
Hey all..
its probly been done b4 but i wanteed to know wat ppls thoughts were on studying while listening to music..
I get distracted heaps easily :( especially wen i study at the library, so i take my music wit me..
sum ppl say its bad to study to music... tru or not?

also wat kinda music do u study too :)

monique66

i only think music works with maths, or non-englishy subjects, otherwise i get distracted by it or i ignore it...either way i still do it even though i know i shouldn't.

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
:( basicly the only non englishy subject i do is eco.. the rest is english and both histories.. perhaps music is y it takes me so long to write essays

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
MUSIC IS GOOD!!!

it helps me remove all other things on my mind and remove all other noise ... and the right music 2 go with wat ur doin eg. 4 me i used diff types of music 4 each subject ... like ummm 4 maths an other related subjests it was somethin heavy (ish) and 4 eng and history etc. somethin a little softer or instumental (some floyd or jethro tull or something) ... it help me n e way ... it also was good 2 relax me be4 goin in2 my exams which help me A LOT!

the only draw back is that when i was doin my hsc in the exam when a question on a topic or module or something came up id think of the song/music i had on while studin that topic was a bit odd .... but the good aspect of this was that 4 eng at least one extra text each section was a song so i had no worries thinkin of the quotes! ... id jsut sing um under my breath 2 my self... which was cool ...

So music can help ... is basicly the message of the above

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
music is good it motivates
but when u get carried away and start singing (which i do alot) then thats no good :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
very true :D
it's good when you do maths, and makes time pass faster :p
but yeah, in all other subjects where you need to take in words, music is really distracting.
if you have to listen to music while studying listen to classical music which doesn't distract you as much. unless you prefer no music to classical :) but some classical music are great :D

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
i heard it better to study with music is it less than 90 beats is it per second...but how do u find out how many beats per sec the song is
good question how the hell do u find out that!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i could have killed my friend...b4 the prelim legal yearly we were cramming our essays in the morning @ her hous which is 5 mins from skool and she started playing "I like that" - during the exam i could not get "I like that" outta my head!

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
i could have killed my friend...b4 the prelim legal yearly we were cramming our essays in the morning @ her hous which is 5 mins from skool and she started playing "I like that" - during the exam i could not get "I like that" outta my head!
oh i like that... hey melsc if u wana read an interesting thing bout houston see the entertainment section under "ouch"- somethin happened to him
i hate those annoying songs eh that stick in ur head b4 exams
similar thing happened to me with "whats ur flava" by craig david
"whats ur flava....tell me whats ur flava..."

sladehk

le random
HSC
melsc said:
that happens to me too

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
oh i like that... hey melsc if u wana read an interesting thing bout houston see the entertainment section under "ouch"- somethin happened to him
i hate those annoying songs eh that stick in ur head b4 exams
similar thing happened to me with "whats ur flava" by craig david
"whats ur flava....tell me whats ur flava..."

I like that song...the worst song that gets stuck in my head is... "popular" - darren hayes ...i loved his savage garden stuff but his new stuff is bad...

RNB is cool but it easily sticks in ur head

Stan..

HSC
Depends what type, and what subject. From personal experience, I have found that listening to music while doing maths is bad. But with most subjects, anything but metal of any kind is fine though.

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
I like that song...the worst song that gets stuck in my head is... "popular" - darren hayes ...i loved his savage garden stuff but his new stuff is bad...

RNB is cool but it easily sticks in ur head
yeah thats cool...what about that "dumb" song by the 411...
thats easy 2 get in 2 ur head
i saw taht while i was at the gym this arvo lol

sladehk

le random
HSC
music is good for any subject that doesn't require you to think carefully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)