Studies of Religion Progress (1 Viewer)

NWO

HSC
BTW, New Age folloers do not focus on deity lol. MC for religion is easy lol. trials i got 9/10 i hope i get that again. DW. if u got that wrong, 90% of the people also got that wrong as well

Kowther

HSC
You guys kept this thread alive. Big ups to you!

Anyway, I went to school and studied for a few hours. We managed to cover the whole Aboriginal spirituality topic, summarise ecumenism, Jewish marriage as well as Hajj. Now all that's left to do is study the others, as well as peace, and I'm ready.

Kowther

HSC
Also new age rejects modern materialistic views. It does not necessarily reject spirituality based on deity. Because it's new age BELIEFS, not religion so it can co-exist with other religions the same way humanism can.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
BTW, New Age folloers do not focus on deity lol. MC for religion is easy lol. trials i got 9/10 i hope i get that again. DW. if u got that wrong, 90% of the people also got that wrong as well
got 18/20 (2 unit sor)

screwed up two retarded questions

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Also new age rejects modern materialistic views. It does not necessarily reject spirituality based on deity. Because it's new age BELIEFS, not religion so it can co-exist with other religions the same way humanism can.
sigh

time to go over that boring ass topic again

thanks

NWO

HSC
hahahaahha same lol. 1 unit for me :) need to study this ass boring subject lol

NWO

HSC
what are modern materialistic values?

Kowther

HSC
Also I'll give you guys a sample answer on data. Got 5/5 for this in trials. (Note: numbers are slightly bullshitted but whatever haha)

Question - With reference to the changing patterns of religious adherence, account for the present religious landscape in Australia.

Due to Australia's changing demographics, it's religious landscape is also changing. There has been a great change from the 2001 to the 2011 census. Due to immigration and the rise of secularism, Christianity has dropped to 61% of the population with its denominations also dropping in numbers. Catholicism dropped from 27% to 25% while Protestantism dropped from 25% to 21% and Anglicanism from 21% to 17. However there has been a rise in other Christian denominations due to denominational switching such as Pentecostalism. There has also been a significant increase in other religions with the rapidly growing religion of Buddhism. Judaism grew from 0.4% to 0.5%; Islam grew to 2.5%, Buddhism to 3% and Hinduism to 2.6%. In a population of new migrants in Australia, 20% were found to be secular. These changes in numbers account for the present religious landscape in Australia, it has greatly changed.

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Also I'll give you guys a sample answer on data. Got 5/5 for this in trials. (Note: numbers are slightly bullshitted but whatever haha)

Question - With reference to the changing patterns of religious adherence, account for the present religious landscape in Australia.

Due to Australia's changing demographics, it's religious landscape is also changing. There has been a great change from the 2001 to the 2011 census. Due to immigration and the rise of secularism, Christianity has dropped to 61% of the population with its denominations also dropping in numbers. Catholicism dropped from 27% to 25% while Protestantism dropped from 25% to 21% and Anglicanism from 21%. However there has been a rise in other Christian denominations due to denominational switching such as Pentecostalism. There has also been a significant increase in other religions with the rapidly growing religion of Buddhism. Judaism grew from 0.4% to 0.5%; Islam grew to 2.5%, Buddhism to 3% and Hinduism to 2.6%. In a population of new migrants in Australia, 20% were found to be secular. Their change in numbers account for the present religious landscape in Australia, it has greatly changed.
Yes, perfect. This is exactly what I did and what you're supposed to do.

lolwot

HSC
Could anyone post the 2013 CSSA buddhism ethics question here? it would be greatly appreciated, i never got to keep my paper :(

Randox

HSC
N/A
Could anyone post the 2013 CSSA buddhism ethics question here? it would be greatly appreciated, i never got to keep my paper :(
Analyse the significance of ethical teaching in Buddhism in relation to ONE of the following areas:
-Bioethics
-Environmental Ethics
-Sexual Ethics

Randox

HSC
N/A
Ok so I got 5/5 in trials for the immigration question. Yes you must use stats! As spiritual being said, If you don't your limiting yourself to maybe a 3. Also I don't see why you can't use 2011 census data...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia#Christianity

Would it be better if I used 2011? I have already memorised all the 2011 stats lol.

Also in regards to the new age religion question, some new age religion have spiritual deities. Therefore I just used process of elimination and came to B.
From wikipedia, new age religions have an abstract view of God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age#Philosophy_and_cosmology

Candidate

HSC

Due to Australia's changing demographics, it's religious landscape is also changing. There has been a great change from the 2001 to the 2011 census. Due to immigration and the rise of secularism, Christianity has dropped to 61% of the population with its denominations also dropping in numbers. Catholicism dropped from 27% to 25% while Protestantism dropped from 25% to 21% and Anglicanism from 21% to 17. However there has been a rise in other Christian denominations due to denominational switching such as Pentecostalism. There has also been a significant increase in other religions with the rapidly growing religion of Buddhism. Judaism grew from 0.4% to 0.5%; Islam grew to 2.5%, Buddhism to 3% and Hinduism to 2.6%. In a population of new migrants in Australia, 20% were found to be secular. These changes in numbers account for the present religious landscape in Australia, it has greatly changed.
My teacher took off a mark if we didn't mention the abolishment of White Australia policies (increasing Islam and Hinduism) and the wars (increasing Judaism and Buddhism).

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher took off a mark if we didn't mention the abolishment of White Australia policies (increasing Islam and Hinduism) and the wars (increasing Judaism and Buddhism).
I remember doing this

I lost my whole sor2 paper so I can't derive jack shit from it lol :(

Kowther

HSC
Wars?

Also I'll mention abolishment of white Australia policy if the question appears in the exam, thanks :)

Candidate

HSC
I have Religion/Peace, Religion in Aus post '45 and R/Non religion to go. i need to look over AGAIN Islamic ethics and Christianity because I always forget the quotes when I move to a new topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)