Students claiming CPS (credit for previous studies) (1 Viewer)

mrbsting

HSC
Since we don't officially enrol till the 15th of February does that mean we are gonna miss out on the tute times we want since recent school leavers have already picked their subjects and started configuring their timetables?

antisheep

HSC
Pretty much.

I was going to apply for CPS but missed the due date.

The good thing is that cos everyone's timetables are so varied and everything, their priorities might be different from yours... at UTS everyone does the same thing first year so EVERYONE wants the same times.

But yeah, there will be alot of people in the same boat as you so surely mac will have made sure that you're provided for.

maka

HSC
I transferred last year and enrolled really late.

I think melsc says it best when she says "you will get disadvantaged in tutorial selection but people will drop out off subjects".

Like melsc said, continually look just before the semester and in Week 1 as availability opens up whether people drop out or transfer tuts.

My only other piece of advice is to look at all the tutorials and find classes that are relatively close so you can avoid the dreaded 2 hr per day at uni which some are forced (some might like it) to do.

In essence, my timetable was rather good last year. Just takes some patience and tweaking. Only went to uni 2 days per semester last year so it is possible to get good timetables.

It took me 2 hours to consider the variations for both semesters and in the end it worked out well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)