Stressing over getting into uni (1 Viewer)

_xParadox

HSC
I'm so worried i won't get into uni (uts Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Science in Information Technology 85 atar) considering how bad my subjects scale
I do: 2u Maths, Standard English, Design and Technology, Information Processes and Technology and Senior Science (I dropped bio)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so worried i won't get into uni (uts Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Science in Information Technology 85 atar) considering how bad my subjects scale
I do: 2u Maths, Standard English, Design and Technology, Information Processes and Technology and Senior Science (I dropped bio)
Hello there.

Just worry about doing your best!

Don't worry so much about scaling as the better you do, the less it will affect you :)

CptSpauld1ng

#Maths Till Death
HSC
Just because your subjects dont scale well doesn't mean that your atar is necessarily going to be bad, You can get ANY atar with ANY subject selection. As long as you work hard and get sufficiently high marks you will achieve your aim.

enoilgam

HSC
Worst case scenario you can always transfer - I doubt whether it will be that difficult. Plus, you can take business and science subjects and get a credit transfer. So it wont be a complete waste of time going through another degree.

swagmeister

HSC
It won't be that bad at all! 2u maths doesn't scale badly at all, IPT is easy to do well in and I can't speak about the others but I do other 'low scaling' subjects including business studies and general maths (dropped) and I am aiming for an ATAR above 90. Remember scaling doesn't affect things that much it is mainly about how well you do.

My advice would be to head over to an atar calculator (I like the talent 100 one best cause the matrix one sometimes glitches) and play around with your marks to get an idea of how everything fits together and set goals for each subject.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
The pathways getting into uni are so expansive it almost doesn't really matter if you can't get in anymore (except if its med lol). There's always bonus points, the ability to transfer, etc. Don't think about how badly your subjects scale, but rather how well you can perform in your subjects to make sure scaling doesn't affect you.

Having this type of negative mindset throughout the year can be really detrimental, especially this early on in your HSC year. HSC is all about strategy, not emotion so just channel that negativity into a constructive way to do smash your subjects so you can get above that 85 ATAR.

IR

HSC
Have some confidence. Its Australia and there are endless opportunities to get into courses esp. IT because its a booming industry and the demand is high so you will be fine.

ShadowLighte

HSC
I used to worry about scaling too but what really matters is the ranking. Regardless of whether your subject scales well or not, if you do well in your exams and whatnot you'll do great. Like the others before me have said, don't be so stressed about getting into uni. A lot of uni students don't get where they want to on the first try. Just focus on doing the best of your ability and everything will fall into place afterwards :)

Rebeccaz

HSC
It's a fresh year I think you should just focus on doing your absolute best. There's always 5 bonus points you can grab which I know maths 2U and IPT both give 4 for a band 6 and 4 for a band 5 in IPT also which is pretty good as you seem to be interested in IT and a lot of the IPT course does cover aspects of that uni degree.

I don't think you should worry too much now as you'll place unnecessary pressure on yourself. Just do your best, you never know you may change your mind or you may do really well and smash that 85 ATAR :) there are many pathways and if you're passionate enough about that course then you'll find a way to get in.

You can always play around with the ATAR calculators to put high marks on subjects you enjoy and see what kind of marks at a minimum level are required in those other subjects, I know that reassured me.

good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)