Stress management (1 Viewer)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
play piano/sing at the top of my lungs.

i wonder why my sister gets annoyed at me... :rolleyes:

autumn-bird

HSC
I talk to someone... or meditate! Meditation works (for me, anyway) because it forces you to "clear all thoughts" and music is calm and drousy, so helps you relax and daydream a bit, which takes your mind off studying. :D

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Stress was only a burden when I did my HSC.
It was easy to get rid of.
It's just like brushing dry dust off you.

I listen to music, read book, talk to people. That is called procrastination btw...which consumes 99% of my study time.
lies. you play dota.

slay some evil looking monster on mmorpgs :D HAHAHA
no

:headbang:

AHAHAHAHHAA

Freddie09

HSC
well thats easy to answer... i don't, i just run around like a chook with its head cut off until the life blood drains out of me and i fall down dead...
Nah seriously, i just smoke some pot... lol lol lol

LifeCoach

HSC
Here are THE techniques for overcoming HSC Stress!

1) Tap your cheekbones while breathing deeeeply from your stomach, 5 times.
(This is what "they" say should help)

2) Repeat this statement repeatedly. "Don't stress, and everything will be fine"

I hear you say "But if i dont stress, i won't get anything done!"

Well,
Did you know that one of the significant causes of procrastination is stress? Stress also causes things like bad sleeping patterns, bad eating patterns, affects the way you talk to your family, and makes it more difficult to concentrate and learn. You won't realize these are stress-related! The only stress you feel consciously is the "zomg freaking out" kind.

3) Try getting a notebook, and putting to paper all the things that are making you stressed. "I am stressed because". Then record which things you have to do in how little time, and why exactly this is a problem for you, and how the "ideal you" would deal with this problem. This helps you organize the thousands of words and tasks and thoughts and emotions flying around your mind into just a few sentences.

4) If you are stressed because you dont know what to do in any situation, split yourself into 2 people and have a lil convo with yourself. Call me insane but it works.

. Person A: This is the *Problem*
. Person B: Well, *Suggest a Solution*
. Person A: The *problem* with that solution is that...
. Person B: Suggest a *solution* to THAT problem.

Just try it! it calms you down heeeeeeeeeaps and works every time.

5) Change Locations (staring at comp screen is v unhelpful for stress)

6) Drink Lots and Lots of Water ("they" say that eating lots of fish helps too apparently)

7) Talk to someone else about it (if you dont like talking to yourself ^^ )

8) What is the most daunting thing that's making you stressed? Do that FIRST, when you wake up in the morning. This is called the frog theory. If you had to eat a frog every day, would you rather spend the day stressing, or eat it first thing in the morning and get on with other things?

9) Sleep on it

10) Change your Socks!

Hope i helped :)

Last edited:

autumn-bird

HSC
Here are THE techniques for overcoming HSC Stress!

1) Tap your cheekbones while breathing deeeeply from your stomach, 5 times.
(This is what "they" say should help)

2) Repeat this statement repeatedly. "Don't stress, and everything will be fine"

I hear you say "But if i dont stress, i won't get anything done!"

Well,
Did you know that one of the significant causes of procrastination is stress? Stress also causes things like bad sleeping patterns, bad eating patterns, affects the way you talk to your family, and makes it more difficult to concentrate and learn. You won't realize these are stress-related! The only stress you feel consciously is the "zomg freaking out" kind.

3) Try getting a notebook, and putting to paper all the things that are making you stressed. "I am stressed because". Then record which things you have to do in how little time, and why exactly this is a problem for you, and how the "ideal you" would deal with this problem. This helps you organize the thousands of words and tasks and thoughts and emotions flying around your mind into just a few sentences.

4) If you are stressed because you dont know what to do in any situation, split yourself into 2 people and have a lil convo with yourself. Call me insane but it works.

. Person A: This is the *Problem*
. Person B: Well, *Suggest a Solution*
. Person A: The *problem* with that solution is that...
. Person B: Suggest a *solution* to THAT problem.

Just try it! it calms you down heeeeeeeeeaps and works every time.

5) Change Locations (staring at comp screen is v unhelpful for stress)

6) Drink Lots and Lots of Water ("they" say that eating lots of fish helps too apparently)

7) Talk to someone else about it (if you dont like talking to yourself ^^ )

8) What is the most daunting thing that's making you stressed? Do that FIRST, when you wake up in the morning. This is called the frog theory. If you had to eat a frog every day, would you rather spend the day stressing, or eat it first thing in the morning and get on with other things?

9) Sleep on it

10) Change your Socks!

Hope i helped :)
+1 rep. this is probably the BEST tips i've read on this thread. i'll try it out sometime... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)