Steroids (2 Viewers)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Is there something like steroids, does what steroids do, but is not harmful?
Exercising, eating food, and sleeping regularly, is like being on anabolic steroids.

If you are a male under the age of 40, your body most likely contains high levels of anabolic steroids right now.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I will start weight lifting again after prelims lol

not in the mood + don't have good sleeping pattern atm

I'll be brutally honest with you, I was about to take steroids at one point (I'm only 16) take roids when you're 20 :p

I just use USN whey protein (the chocolate one woo) and similar to you, I do high reps heavy weight

last time I checked I'm 5"11 (maybe slightly taller now)

When I was weight lifting I went from 60-69kg

now I'm 78kg and that's like all fat lol since I stopped a few months ago

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Probably the best decision you've ever made in your life regarding not taking them (I'm not joking). 20 is still too young IMO.

Just trust me guys, once you finish the HSC you'll have so much free time during the holidays + uni. I'm only at uni two days a week this semester, so I have heaps of time to go to the gym. Steroids are silly and not worth the risks. Looking good for two or three years vs the potential long term health complications.

How high are your reps? I like to do between 8-12 personally.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Probably the best decision you've ever made in your life regarding not taking them (I'm not joking). 20 is still too young IMO.

Just trust me guys, once you finish the HSC you'll have so much free time during the holidays + uni. I'm only at uni two days a week this semester, so I have heaps of time to go to the gym. Steroids are silly and not worth the risks. Looking good for two or three years vs the potential long term health complications.

Zyzz is the perfect example!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

I will eventually take them, I know it

and high reps usually 20 repish/ till fail it gets pretty intense

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
dont even consider steroids unless your at least 21 years old and your very knowledgeable about PCT. Youve got enough test running through your veins. You just need to eat like a machine, diet is 80%+ of the game. Muscles arent grown in the gym, theyre grown when your outta the gym. go on to swole.me and workout a diet with 3000+ calories each day comprising of loads of protein and carbs. If your keen on supps you cant go wrong with whey, multiviatmin, fish oil and maybe some creatine. Look on fitbits.com theyre an aussie company and thats where I get my stuff from. Theyre a shit load cheaper than all those vitamin companies who make outlandish claims about their supps. just rememeber, a supplement is just that, it supplements your diet, youve still gotta eat properly.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
OP doesn't know if protein shakes "work" and was seriously considering taking steroids. notsureifsrs.

However, my understanding is that roids are perfectly safe if you thoroughly research what you're doing with them (asking a bunch of dudes on a study website =/= thorough research). That being said;

a) You're only 17/18. There's no need to get on the roids at that age unless you're looking to win a weightlifting gold medal at the next olympics.
b) You said that "HSC is ruining my physique" - If you're not dedicated enough to stay relatively fit because of school commitments, you should hardly be taking anabolic steroids which, for best results, require extreme dedication to what you're doing.
c) They're damn expensive.

Just out of curiosity OP, you said you've lost strength - What were your stats before/now?

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
OP doesn't know if protein shakes "work" and was seriously considering taking steroids. notsureifsrs.

However, my understanding is that roids are perfectly safe if you thoroughly research what you're doing with them (asking a bunch of dudes on a study website =/= thorough research). That being said;

a) You're only 17/18. There's no need to get on the roids at that age unless you're looking to win a weightlifting gold medal at the next olympics.
b) You said that "HSC is ruining my physique" - If you're not dedicated enough to stay relatively fit because of school commitments, you should hardly be taking anabolic steroids which, for best results, require extreme dedication to what you're doing.
c) They're damn expensive.

Just out of curiosity OP, you said you've lost strength - What were your stats before/now?
I used to do 25kg dumbbells about 35 reps, now I can do about 25 reps. Within two weeks I wanna work my way up to 30kg, hopefully.
I didn't completely stop working, but I barely worded out.
I'm about 185 cm and weigh about 90 now, need to get it down to 80-85.
I really enjoy body building and sports in general but I honestly couldn't work properly in the past few months.
I've been taking whey protein for a while now, and it didn't make any difference in muscle gain... and considering that it is very expensive I stopped taking it.
I'll try the Creatine Azure suggested, I read reviews about it and it is exactly what I want, it doesn't only help you gain muscle, it also increases strength and stamina.
Another problem was my retarded study routine. I used to get home from school at 3:30, sleep from 4 till 11, and then study all night which was a terrible routine so I stopped doing that.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
dont even consider steroids unless your at least 21 years old and your very knowledgeable about PCT. Youve got enough test running through your veins. You just need to eat like a machine, diet is 80%+ of the game. Muscles arent grown in the gym, theyre grown when your outta the gym. go on to swole.me and workout a diet with 3000+ calories each day comprising of loads of protein and carbs. If your keen on supps you cant go wrong with whey, multiviatmin, fish oil and maybe some creatine. Look on fitbits.com theyre an aussie company and thats where I get my stuff from. Theyre a shit load cheaper than all those vitamin companies who make outlandish claims about their supps. just rememeber, a supplement is just that, it supplements your diet, youve still gotta eat properly.
Their prices are pretty cheap, will consider buying from them.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I used to do 25kg dumbbells about 35 reps, now I can do about 25 reps. Within two weeks I wanna work my way up to 30kg, hopefully.
I didn't completely stop working, but I barely worded out.
I'm about 185 cm and weigh about 90 now, need to get it down to 80-85.
I really enjoy body building and sports in general but I honestly couldn't work properly in the past few months.
I've been taking whey protein for a while now, and it didn't make any difference in muscle gain... and considering that it is very expensive I stopped taking it.
I'll try the Creatine Azure suggested, I read reviews about it and it is exactly what I want, it doesn't only help you gain muscle, it also increases strength and stamina.
Another problem was my retarded study routine. I used to get home from school at 3:30, sleep from 4 till 11, and then study all night which was a terrible routine so I stopped doing that.
As in bicep curls?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't touch an illegal substance period, but that's just me. 21 is still too young IMO, the test in your body is still sky high. Try 30~. As I alluded to earlier, a few of my friends from school toyed with steroids. One ended up with a hormonal imbalance, which needless to say is pretty serious shit. That's what steroids are - synthetic testosterone, more or less. It is relatively easy to inject too much. Your body responds to the excess testosterone by limiting it's own production, which is why people end up with smaller balls. Sometimes, this production never really picks up as to where it previously was, which is pretty silly because you're trading a temporary spike in testosterone for potentially a life time of abnormally low natural test levels. As somebody mentioned before, PCT is usually used to combat this, but what happens if your efforts are insufficient? What happens if you make a miscalculation? You're playing with fire, especially at this age.

The other one of the guys from school (not a mate) ended up accelerating hair loss. How stupid is that. You take the compound to look better but you end up irrecoverably (without cosmetic surgery) ruining your appearance.

There are heaps of people who are quick to tell you "yeah they're safe" but they usually haven't used them long enough to fully comprehend what they're doing to their body. "Bro-science" has its place in bodybuilding, but when it comes to something as hardcore as steroids I'd take it with a mountain of salt. A minority of doctors would tell you that steroids are safe. The catch is, they usually recommend you take them under medical supervision, which you obviously can't do in Australia unless you have a genuine reason (which nobody in this thread appears to have).

In addition to this, God help you if you end up with a dodgy substance or something that has become contaminated (happened to a dude at the gym and saw him hospitalised for a week).

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also it's worth noting that some estimates suggest that up to 80-90% of steroids are actually counterfeit. Some aren't actually intended for human consumption (originally created for animals).

Other side effects: stunted growth, gyno ("bitch tits" or permanent man boobs), extended stomach (why bodybuilders have that stomach they can't get rid of - especially common with things like HGH).

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't touch an illegal substance period, but that's just me. 21 is still too young IMO, the test in your body is still sky high. Try 30~. As I alluded to earlier, a few of my friends from school toyed with steroids. One ended up with a hormonal imbalance, which needless to say is pretty serious shit. That's what steroids are - synthetic testosterone, more or less. It is relatively easy to inject too much. Your body responds to the excess testosterone by limiting it's own production, which is why people end up with smaller balls. Sometimes, this production never really picks up as to where it previously was, which is pretty silly because you're trading a temporary spike in testosterone for potentially a life time of abnormally low natural test levels.

The other one of the guys from school (not a mate) ended up accelerating hair loss. How stupid is that. You take the compound to look better but you end up irrecoverably (without cosmetic surgery) ruining your appearance.

There are heaps of people who are quick to tell you "yeah they're safe" but they usually haven't used them long enough to fully comprehend what they're doing to their body. "Bro-science" has its place in bodybuilding, but when it comes to something as hardcore as steroids I'd take it with a mountain of salt. A minority of doctors would tell you that steroids are safe. The catch is, they usually recommend you take them under medical supervision, which you obviously can't do in Australia unless you have a genuine reason (which nobody in this thread appears to have).

In addition to this, God help you if you end up with a dodgy substance or something that has become contaminated (happened to a dude at the gym and saw him hospitalised for a week).
I wouldn't touch them either, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Also, I don't understand why anyone would take them to look "good" - so called "zyzz-mode" is achievable natty, it just takes a long time. Anything bigger than that and the majority of people will think you look "eww too bulky". IMO it's stupid to use them unless it's for some form of sport, whether that be bodybuilding/weightlifting/whatever and in that case, there's the moral issues that come with it.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't touch them either, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Also, I don't understand why anyone would take them to look "good" - so called "zyzz-mode" is achievable natty, it just takes a long time. Anything bigger than that and the majority of people will think you look "eww too bulky". IMO it's stupid to use them unless it's for some form of sport, whether that be bodybuilding/weightlifting/whatever and in that case, there's the moral issues that come with it.
I like you.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't touch an illegal substance period, but that's just me. 21 is still too young IMO, the test in your body is still sky high. Try 30~. As I alluded to earlier, a few of my friends from school toyed with steroids. One ended up with a hormonal imbalance, which needless to say is pretty serious shit. That's what steroids are - synthetic testosterone, more or less. It is relatively easy to inject too much. Your body responds to the excess testosterone by limiting it's own production, which is why people end up with smaller balls. Sometimes, this production never really picks up as to where it previously was, which is pretty silly because you're trading a temporary spike in testosterone for potentially a life time of abnormally low natural test levels. As somebody mentioned before, PCT is usually used to combat this, but what happens if your efforts are insufficient? What happens if you make a miscalculation? You're playing with fire, especially at this age.

Wow, this is some serious shiit, will definitely stay away from them.
I have big enough muscles now, will just keep it natural.
There is a guy at my school, he is in year 10 now. He was really small in year 9, and he was shorter than me. He started taking steroids and going to the gym, and now he is f***ing massive, he is about 200cm by 90kg, so I though I'm missing out and I should take them too, but fuck that, I'm more than happy with my body now, no need to ruin it.

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC

well said sir. i said 21 as a rough guess but ive read that endocrinologists have said that peoples test levels dont reach an equilibrium until 23-25+ years old. Using roids is basically russian roulette, however there are ways to minimise the risk. Also it must be noted roids arent a 'magic pill' that makes you grow instantly like many people think it does, it takes dedication. Just Eat, train, sleep and youll grow. dont play with shit thats illegal and can phuck you up for the rest of your life until youve thought about long and hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)