"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (1 Viewer)

arks

HSC
Meyer's fans have rushed to her defence. "Steven [sic] King doesn't know what a real book was if it hit him in the face. He's just a bloody guy who is jealous of Edward's good looks," wrote poster Kiki Alice Cullen. "King is no Gabriel Garcia Marquez so I don't understand why he gets to say who is a good writer and who is not," agreed another, while a third, who wished she could "just hit this guy", suggested that "we twilighters should send him tons of hate mail ... just to show him how many twilight fans he just pissed off."
The problem with twilight is the deep fanaticism associated with it rather than the fact that it contains very little literary quality.

HSC
Well, in the end it's just an opinion. Stephen King expressing it doesn't mean that the people who read Twilight have to stop.

de__locke

HSC
I'm a Muse fan and Twilight is pretty much based on a bunch of Muse songs [+ a few other bands]. It's pretty unoriginal, really.

Gmac_0

HSC
Absolutely true, she can't write. Even as a 17 year old who as never attempted to write his own book, or even finished year 12 VCE english (yet, less than a month to go) I feel completely safe in saying right now that she cannot write. I read a page, it was awful, I'm sorry thats all I read to judge it on, but really, thats all it took. It was that bad. Of course, the plot was intended for me to read, but I'm talking regardless of plot here, it was just bad. Just bad. That is all I can say for it.

x-Memento-Mori

HSC
How can twilight fans say that Steven King is jealous of Stephenie Meyer's success??

Stephen King is a bloody legend! Stephenie Meyer cannot even compare no matter how much the media feeds crap like Twilight to Edward obsessed teenage girls. Steven King's books were a huge success and were even remade into movies which became classics!

It's attitude and complete lack of thought like this which really makes it difficult to take twilight fans seriously, and some of them wonder why we don't.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
'TIS TRUE.
edward cullen is way too shiny and gay to function.
bella swan is the typical mary-sue who has the IQ equivalent to my shoe size.
edward cullen is a pms-ing little hoebag going through a stage of menopause. he also looks constipated in the movie. he is/was a 100+ year old virgin. his dusty genitalia must have crystallised (provided that no science is involved. just like how meyer defied science in a very stupid, nethanderal way). AMAGAD I AM VAMPIRE. I HAS BODILY VENOM NON-SPERM FLUIDSS.. YET BELLA SWAN GOT PREGNANT!!!!1111 ONE1 1111!!! OMGWTFBBQ BELLA. IT WAS JACOB BLACK'S CHILD WASN'T IT? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I AM GOING TO VULTURISTIC CITY TO DISPLAY TO THE CROWD MY HAIRY SNAIL TRAIL.

now let's all grab a bottle of butterbeer and head to the weasley's. or read a book written by king.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
That is so true.

I hate Twilight so much if I hear one more teenage girl "Edward Cullen is so hot" rave about how excellent Twilight is and how good it is written I will throw myself off the next bridge I see.

Twilight is one of the worst, poorly-written books I have EVER read. And I've read a lot of books. I could write better than Stepehenie Meyers and her description is cringe-worthy.

Her characters are a bunch of whingers and losers who need to get over themselves and take away that whole 'earth revolve around my emotions' element because a lotta books have been there and done that. And they actually suceeded.

I could go on a long tangent for hours but I'll stop here.

Finally someone has come to their senses and brought the world out of this disgusting Twilight-crazed trend we are currently being forced to withstand.

Fucking hope it ends soon.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
It's pretty sad when a television show character like Buffy can show more depth and characterisation in one episode than Bella shows in an entire book series.

Last edited:

chowm

HSC
I love this thread. You guys make me laugh, i hate twilight and my sister would be shattered if she saw this thread.

HSC
Uni Grad
lolz, I didnt mind the twilight series but when compared to something as epic as harry potter you can see how inferior the writing quality is. I liked the story but I think most of the people on BoS here could have written it better, maybe had some actual character development and shit.

HSC
Twilight fails. Period.

I can't believe i followed a story about some mentally disabled girl and her fantasies/depression/excitement or whatever.

Really now. Those were 4 days i'm never going to get back.
It took you four days? It took me less than one, I was that eager to finish it. Seriously, I could write a thesis on the literary cracks in that book. I wouldn't want to, but I could.

technicolour

HSC
God I love this thread. It gives me hope for the world. Stephanie Meyer should feel privileged just to be put in the same sentence with Stephen King's name.

I could go on about how bad Twilight is, but I won't. I think we all get it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It took you four days? It took me less than one, I was that eager to finish it. Seriously, I could write a thesis on the literary cracks in that book. I wouldn't want to, but I could.
To kill a mockingbird was more interesting then Twilight.

Seriously.

klaris

HSC
+1 above post.

Of course TKM is better than Twilight. Can't see that slush-pile being nominated for the Pulitzer Prize anytime soon.

Or ever.

ay0_x

HSC
haha I'm not touching those books
I've read quotes from them and lol'd my ass off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)