"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (2 Viewers)

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I've never met such a concentration of Twilight haters as I have on BOS. You guys need to visit my high school. You would get raped by the 14-17 year old girls....
That's just sad.
I'll bet they try suck the life force out of everyone who disses Twilight.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Geez. People pick on Twilight too much.
I've read plenty of books in my life, and i do like the Twilight series.
I stand by my opinion that they are good books.
I hate when people say that "Edward is not a real vampire, they don't sparkle". I'm sorry, but how do you know what a real vampire is? Just because other films, books and such has portrayed them as something different doesn't matter.

I do agree that the fans comments supporting twilight in that article are very stupid :haha:
There are way too many little fans who are just in love with Edward Cullen.
It's called convetion and vampires are supposed to be an imbodiment of pure evil. They are undead and soul-less. The notion that they sparkle is ridiculous. Edward might as well just be Peter Parkers cousin rather than a vampire. Flawless characters = flawed book.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na
shes subverting popular vampire conventions
so she avoids being cliched

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Neither, but at least he KNOWS how to write, and KNOWS how to construct a story; basically he knows his shit, and even not personally liking any of his work I can respect his work and opinion as a writer enormously more than Stephanie Meyer.
Lolling that you used a semicolon when defending King.

darkpiggy

HSC
twilight is based on love...it was ok.. but i love King's books.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
That's just sad.
I'll bet they try suck the life force out of everyone who disses Twilight.
oh believe me i tried dissing twilight in class, some of the girls got so pissed and like really upset too which was weird.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
i texted one of my friends who i thought was semi intelligent and she was like im reading a book and i asked what book because i assumed it might be something interesting and she said twilight and i called her a retard then told her why she was a retard because she assumed i didnt know anything about twilight and she said she really liked the main boy character and now we arent friends lol

Nadiaaa

HSC
Those responses make me think those "twilighters" don't even know who the fuck Stephen King is.

This one is the best:

""Steven King doesn't know what a real book was if it hit him in the face. He's just a bloody guy who is jealous of Edward's good looks,"

Ah, so witty. Such an intelligent mind, this twilighter!

Hahahahaha!

I've never met such a concentration of Twilight haters as I have on BOS. You guys need to visit my high school. You would get raped by the 14-17 year old girls....
I LOVE dissing Twilight :D

DoomBuggy

HSC
Bram Stoker's rolling 'round in his grave.

I'm not liking the fact that some people can't accept that others don't like Twilight, and view criticism of it as a personal attack.

Last edited:

closmo

HSC
It's funny, even year twelves get so upstarty about this series. There is a picture of the latest 'BLUNT' magazine of what a "real" Vampire should look like, blood, pointy teeth, and just overall evil looking.

I don't get why her vamnpires have to become diamonds in the sun as opposed to die horribly (which makes for a much more interesting read) But on saying that, I have read all of the books, and allthough the book leaves much to the imagination I can understand the attraction to it, and as for the movie Edward, they should have found someone better.

Stephen King is absolutely correct in saying that she's not the best writer, and If I were her I'd be cringing at the fact that a great writer such as himself, who is classed as "one of the greatest storytellers of our time" said I was a shit writer.

oh and I love the fact that since "Twilight" a MILLION other Vampire books have surfaced, what is with that?!

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Just like to agree that Stephenie Meyer definately cannot write. And also agree that Twi-hards take that as personal criticism. It's simply fact. Not to say that some people wont enjoy the books (ooooobviously), just that she has zero writing talent.

It just annoys me, all the mis-informed twelve year olds getting so angry about someone pointing out that SM is actually shit. Lucky, but shit. Made heaps of money, but shit.

Oh, and Voldy would kick Edward's ass. Oh, I'd be pretty keen to see Rosalie and Hermione in a one on one though.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
It just annoys me, all the mis-informed twelve year olds getting so angry about someone pointing out that SM is actually shit.
It doesn't stop there lol. My fat-ass 18 year old neighbour (guy) falls into the mis-informed category lolz.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
I love the fact that since "Twilight" a MILLION other Vampire books have surfaced, what is with that?!
No, since "Dracula" a million other vampire books have been created in an attempt to cash-in on this vampire trend. Twilight is simply one mediocre book in that million.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I won't press charges if they don't tell

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i texted one of my friends who i thought was semi intelligent and she was like im reading a book and i asked what book because i assumed it might be something interesting and she said twilight and i called her a retard then told her why she was a retard because she assumed i didnt know anything about twilight and she said she really liked the main boy character and now we arent friends lol
my money is on it being elise

DailyChocoMilk

HSC
I love how some Twilight fans say "he's just jealous that he didn't come up with the idea first", it makes me "lol" every time.

He wrote Salem's Lot, a genuinely frightening vampire story where they don't sparkle in the sun, but are REAL MOTHER-EFFING vampires.

I'm going to be that girl on the news who lunged over the book-signing table to get a stranglehold on her neck. Keep an eye out for it.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Geez. People pick on Twilight too much.
I've read plenty of books in my life, and i do like the Twilight series.
I stand by my opinion that they are good books.
I hate when people say that "Edward is not a real vampire, they don't sparkle". I'm sorry, but how do you know what a real vampire is? Just because other films, books and such has portrayed them as something different doesn't matter.

I do agree that the fans comments supporting twilight in that article are very stupid :haha:
There are way too many little fans who are just in love with Edward Cullen.
I'd be more worried about how overbearing and paternalistic he is to her, and how much she loves it, than whether or not he's a "real" vampire. It's slightly frightening. He won't let her drive. He follows her without her knowledge. The man even watches her sleep. Are we supposed to think that's a good thing? I'm all for fantasy, but I found Edward and his influence over Bella to be disturbing and repulsive, given how much effort was put in to making this story match up to the readers' real lives; how young those readers are and how much in love they all seem to be with this figure.
The message I got was, don't bother with real life. A wealthy, beautiful, fast-car-driving superhuman who will never age and is completely and utterly in love with you for little or no discernible reason is going to sweep in and keep you as his pet for the rest of your life. Ignore everything else.

Am I the only one who got this vibe?

Jaylee42003

HSC
Myer knows how to tell a story.
King knows how to tell a story and sound fantastic while doing so.
You could say King has a gold literary licence, while Myer is still on her P's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)