"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (3 Viewers)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
No, what holds it up are the millions of female teenagers who both empathise with bella and lust after the concept of edward.
This is so true. The story is basically a fantasy that girls want to live out but looking at the story technically there's nothing there.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
I think the IDEA of Twilight is what holds it up, as her writing skills are definately lacking.
In saying that I really enjoyed the series.
agreed.

stephenie meyer's success demonstrates the power of a good idea, and a decent story. however the actual storytelling isn't too fantastic.

i'm a fan of twilight and also HP, and even though i really love twilight, i can still see rowling is by far the superior author, and i have to say i agree with stephen king. twilight is just something light and fluffy and full of flaws - like watching a bad action movie, you have to suspend disbelief, stop analysing stuff, and just go along for the ride...and once you do, it's fun :)

everything has its place. twilight is not classic literature and it never tried to be. it's just enjoyable.

(oh, and whoever said Edward would try to 'dazzle' voldemort - i lol'ed :D a lot)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
agreed.

stephenie meyer's success demonstrates the power of a good idea, and a decent story. however the actual storytelling isn't too fantastic.

i'm a fan of twilight and also HP, and even though i really love twilight, i can still see rowling is by far the superior author, and i have to say i agree with stephen king. twilight is just something light and fluffy and full of flaws - like watching a bad action movie, you have to suspend disbelief, stop analysing stuff, and just go along for the ride...and once you do, it's fun :)

everything has its place. twilight is not classic literature and it never tried to be. it's just enjoyable.

(oh, and whoever said Edward would try to 'dazzle' voldemort - i lol'ed :D a lot)
agree with everything here. and that was me. :D

u-borat

Banned
HSC
agreed.

:jaw:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
i would like to see just how a good author would write the twilight storyline. some of meyers wording makes me cringe. but i still love jasper.
The storyline is reallllllllyyyyy shit though

Limey

HSC
Twi-tards do not seem to understand the author insertation, Mary Sues (in published literature too! On fanfic.net is one thing, but IRL...), paedophilic themes, trivialised motherhood, contradictions and more that are rampant in the fiction.

It was not a good idea.
It was not written well.
Plot? Where?

I was not dazzled by the sparkle pixie that is Edward Cullen & friends and am pleased Stephen King agrees.

ETA Voldie would pwn anything in Twilight anyday. Even Hermione would (who is also terribly written and hypocritical...)

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King

no need to state the obvious...

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I agree with Stephen King. I read Twilight, as my boyfriend is using it as a partial basis for a romance book he is writing with a friend and suggested I might enjoy its awfulness.
The endless, unsatisfied sexual tension, the irritating throws at the fundamentalist Christian audience, the whining, the Mary-Jane nature of the main character, the angst, the poor writing style and the out-of-nowhere, over-in-a-flash ending all smacked horribly of bad fanfiction and I had to force myself to read to the end, at which point I realised I had utterly wasted several hours of my life.
He's read all of them, I'd never touch another in the series with a ten-foot pole.

Mind you, I didn't enjoy the Stephen Kings I've read much either.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Mind you, I didn't enjoy the Stephen Kings I've read much either.
Neither, but at least he KNOWS how to write, and KNOWS how to construct a story; basically he knows his shit, and even not personally liking any of his work I can respect his work and opinion as a writer enormously more than Stephanie Meyer.

08er

HSC
lol at those ignorant teens not knowing who king is

Bek93

HSC
Geez. People pick on Twilight too much.
I've read plenty of books in my life, and i do like the Twilight series.
I stand by my opinion that they are good books.
I hate when people say that "Edward is not a real vampire, they don't sparkle". I'm sorry, but how do you know what a real vampire is? Just because other films, books and such has portrayed them as something different doesn't matter.

I do agree that the fans comments supporting twilight in that article are very stupid :haha:
There are way too many little fans who are just in love with Edward Cullen.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Geez. People pick on Twilight too much.
I've read plenty of books in my life, and i do like the Twilight series.
I stand by my opinion that they are good books.
I hate when people say that "Edward is not a real vampire, they don't sparkle". I'm sorry, but how do you know what a real vampire is? Just because other films, books and such has portrayed them as something different doesn't matter.

I do agree that the fans comments supporting twilight in that article are very stupid :haha:
There are way too many little fans who are just in love with Edward Cullen.
do they consist of such literary giants as saddle club and goosebumps?

ieatbarbies

HSC
LOLLL ^

I don't think the real problem in around the series is that Edward sparkles.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I've never met such a concentration of Twilight haters as I have on BOS. You guys need to visit my high school. You would get raped by the 14-17 year old girls....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)