State Ranks (1 Viewer)

black.mamba

HSC
also how are state ranks decided (im sure this question has been asked 100 times)
is it off external or HSC mark?

大きい男

HSC
also how are state ranks decided (im sure this question has been asked 100 times)
First priority is HSC mark, then they look at the unrounded (e.g. 98 exam 98 assessment would beat 97 exam 98 assessment), then look at raw marks

quickoats

HSC

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers get given results info in the morning I’m pretty sure, so they probably counted things all up (just like how students can count their own B6s before the honour roll comes)
Thanks for the reply. I'm not a Teacher by profession so I wouldn't of known the inner workings of the NSW Education System in terms of HSC Subject Results for Teachers.

D94

HSC
N/A
Based on HSC mark only. As such, you can have more than 1 person per rank.

If students are equal on the highest HSC marks in a course, then the following process is used to determine the recipient(s):
  1. take an average of each student's examination mark and assessment mark after alignment to performance bands, each to one decimal place
  2. take an average of each student's examination mark and assessment mark before alignment to performance bands, each to two decimal places
  3. if an extension course, use the marks awarded for other courses in the subject area.

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hi
Does anyone know a very good English coaching centre or private tutoring place?
Any recommendations?
I find that Uplift is very good. Probably the one of the best english tutorings. It’s in Liverpool and not too pricey. But you have to be willing to put in the work, if you don’t revise and practice it won’t be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)