State Ranking HSC Economics + HSC Business Studies Tutor (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Hi there!

A lot of you guys may already know that I'm Nicholas and I graduated from Sydney Technical High School (a selective high school) in 2010 with an ATAR of 99.70, as you've probably seen my post about selling my English, Economics & Business Studies materials haha!

After much consideration and after the overwhelming demand for my resources, I have decided to offer tutoring for HSC Economics & Business Studies.

I came 3rd in the state for Economics with a HSC mark of 97, and came 1st at school for Business Studies with a HSC mark of 96, just missing out on a state rank.

But what's going to be different about me is that I'm not going to be tutoring as many people as I can, and I'm not going to be saying "EVERYONE, CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TUTORING!" Basically, what I would like to do is tutor ONE STUDENT rather than have heaps and heaps of students.

Why? Well, they are a number of reasons. The main reason is that I work full-time in an accounting firm (I am doing an accounting cadetship), and I also study Commerce/Law full-time as well, so clearly I have a very hectic schedule! But, I am very passionate about helping others and I would love to share my knowledge and my resources with one lucky person out there who would benefit from my explanations, my communication skills, and my general rigour and attention to detail.

The other reason to only offer this to ONE student is because I believe that it adds extra benefit for them. At the end of the day, there will only be X number of band 6s and so if I am tutoring multiple students, they will be up against one another and for me as a tutor it would be disappointing for them to not achieve a band 6!

I did the same thing this year in 2011, tutoring only ONE student and I believe it worked well - they ranked 1st in Business Studies and 2nd in Economics at a selective high school. So I'm sticking with what works! :)

A number of things you should know about the tutoring and my availability:

1. I will be charging $55/hour for Economics, and $50/hour for Business Studies. The slightly higher charge for Economics is obviously because of my state ranking, and I also believe that Economics is more difficult to tutor and more demanding as a subject. It will then be $95 for 2 hours for Economics and $90 for 2 hours for Business Studies. :)

2. I am available ONLY on the weekends (as since I work full-time during the week, I clearly won't be available then!)

3. I live in Rockdale and the student who I tutor will need to travel to me.

4. I have comprehensive notes and essays for both subjects, and my student will have access to this material - I will go through my notes, explaining key concepts, providing guidance on essay writing and structures, information to include, synthesising information to answer different questions, and there will be heaps of practice done + assessment task advice.

I want my student to achieve a high mark, to really penetrate the band 6 zone, and I believe that with my resources, knowledge & experience, and your determination to succeed and work ethic, this can be achieved!

If you are interested in receiving tutoring, whether it is for Economics or Business Studies or both, please contact me via PM.

Remember, there is only ONE place available! When you contact me, I would appreciate it if you could please provide me with the following basic information:

- your first name,
- what school you attend
- whether you want tutoring for business studies, economics or both,
- your year 11 final mark in the subject/s you want the tutoring for.

Look forward to hearing from you! I will be considering the first 5 people that contact me and then will decide who I could potentially help achieve the best result! :)

Thanks so much,
Nicholas

Last edited:

apollo1

Banned
HSC
wow the person who gets this spot will be very lucky indeed. this is like applying for a scholarship at uni. :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
wow the person who gets this spot will be very lucky indeed. this is like applying for a scholarship at uni. :)
hahaha!!! I know right, I just want to get someone who I can help to achieve AMAZING things! :)

NupPun

HSC
Congrats to whoever gets this position, best of luck to all haha!

One suggestion: instead of having ONE elite "disciple" as such, why not tutor one small class (e.g. 3 students) intensively throughout the year? Lower your rates to say, $30/hour each student, and hand pick 3 students with similar abilities (you should have no trouble getting enquiries with your qualifications) to train up as the "elite triumvirate" lol.

Just my 2c since I've been in very similar situations in the past two years.

In any case, I wish I was in Yr12 so I could apply for this lol - sounds intense.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Congrats to whoever gets this position, best of luck to all haha!

One suggestion: instead of having ONE elite "disciple" as such, why not tutor one small class (e.g. 3 students) intensively throughout the year? Lower your rates to say, $30/hour each student, and hand pick 3 students with similar abilities (you should have no trouble getting enquiries with your qualifications) to train up as the "elite triumvirate" lol.

Just my 2c since I've been in very similar situations in the past two years.

In any case, I wish I was in Yr12 so I could apply for this lol - sounds intense.
hey!! thanks for the suggestion! as I said above, I really would like to concentrate my efforts on a single person like I did this year, as I really think it works!! :) however, I may consider this if the people that express interest are all of similar ability and I simply cannot choose!

thanks so much! much appreciated. :)

dhan235

HSC
N/A
I have PMed you. Can you please send me your contact details

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)