Stargate (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
The start of season 9 is really boring, mainly politics and then it get really really good! So don't be disappointed watching it at the start as they are building up the storyline.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ahhh thankgod for you guys. I didnt even know it was coming back on [ thanks for the lack of advertising channel-fucktards]

I would have missed it! stargate is great, this makes thurs my second favourite night now.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Stargate season 10 starts in 8 days!

+ Reminder for those putting up with channel 7:

Stargate SG-1
Avalon Pt 2
Time: 11.20
Channel: 7
Duration: 60 Minutes

Daniel Jackson and Vala are transported into the bodies of two people in a distant galaxy, on a planet populated by worshippers of a strange authority.
Sci-fi
Christopher Judge, Ben Browder, Beau Bridges

M,

Generator

HSC
N/A
SG1 10-03

Let's use a Hive ship to accidentally activate the supergate and destroy an Ori ship in the process.

Pretty cool, if a tad over the top.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Hallowed are the Ori....speaking of which the cenus came around today, who put down 'Ori' or 'Jedi' or something as a religion :p

you guys reckon furlings (or whatever they're called) will make an appearance this season? ;o

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
Haha, it's Stargate meets Farscape. Haha.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
so what should they call it now? half the team is gone so it cant be stargate SG-1 anymore

for now iam calling it SG: Jackson until something better comes along.

and its spelt ori? i always assumed it was "auri" e.g aura but different.

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
It's ori, but more to the point the furlings will never make a freaking appearance. Why haven't they yet? Presumably they're within the galaxy, and the Ori are the biggest threat to date ... Time to make an appearance?

Oh, and man, season 10 SG-1, Season 3 SGA ... OMFG!!!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
That last episode didnt further the plot at all.Was kind of boring aswell, iwanted to see more ori superpowers

Dwight

HSC
Bittorrent here i come

teal'c looks awesome in that pic

furlings are supposed to be in "200"

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Stargate SG-1 cancelled, Atlantis renewed
The future of Stargate is in question today, as SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running Stargate SG-1, Multichannel News reported today and a GateWorld source has confirmed. The news regrettably follows the airing of the show's milestone two-hundredth episode on Friday.
Stargate Atlantis, meanwhile, has been renewed for a fourth season, with the network hoping to see that the spin-off series can stand alone, according to a source.
SG-1 has struggled in the ratings all summer, with the record-breaking tenth season premiering with a 1.4 household rating -- down more than 20 percent from last season's average. After a brief climb to a 1.6 in its second week, the show fell to a 1.3 in week four.
Viewers and production personnel alike have blamed a number of factors for the show's dramatically lower ratings, from SCI FI and Sony's lack of promotion to the removal of anchor show Battlestar Galactica from the Friday night line-up, to new competition from such shows as USA's hit Monk.
Though also down significantly in the ratings this summer, Atlantis has consistently scored better than SG-1.
"Studio executives are working to identify an alternative outlet for Stargate SG-1," Multichannel News said, citing sources close to the production.
"SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Well i guess it couldnt last forever. :( At least Atlantis will still be around.

MGM is still looking at the possibility of another tv network picking up sg-1. (http://gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml)

What is to come? Both the producers and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer have expressed a desire to continue the hit franchise with not just Stargate Atlantis, but something new in the future -- be it an SG-1 feature film or TV mini-series, or a third television show. The benefits of a simultaneous dual production in Vancouver, with two projects sharing producers, writers, and crew members, are tremendous for the studio. And Stargate is owner MGM's flagship television property, having recently been compared to its venerable "James Bond" film franchise in importance.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Oh well, at the very least they made it past season 4.

Edit: Come next year I'm going to be running low on scifi :(. I'll have to broaden my horizons.

Last edited:

**blu_rose**

HSC
i am sooooo disappointed with the new season, i miss the old ones, where it was actually flowing along a "realisitc" plot and making sense. now its just getting all stuffed up with fantasy shit.

and i miss colonel o'neil. he and daniel jackson were my fav characters. the producers must have been demented to get rid of him. i cannot stand the new guy, he just pisses me off, freaken-o'neil-wannabe.

they got o'neil's lines and put them up for the new guy which are not funny at all.

i hope it gets better though...(the late time also puts me off)

HSC
Glad to see so many SG-1 fans on the boards.

Over the last few weeks I've watched all episodes up to the end of Season 3 (thank god for my uni timetable :p) and wondered if anyone had a particular favourite race the team has encountered? I know that there aren't that many races but for me it would have to be either the Nox or Tollan.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
later on they encounter these wierd little guys who paint their bodies and live in primitive mud huts. They start falling over and dieing like a pandemic, and their only form of communication is singing. I kind of liked them because they were really innocent and curious about the humans, like children.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)