Star Wars! (SPOILER WARNING) (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

AtticusFinch said:
is it just me or was there mass clapping and laughter in your theatre?
and did you have weird fanatics dressed up? i sat next to a guy in darth vader costume who looked 100% the part. he didnt take the helmet off to watch the movie!

i did appreciate at the end how the star destroyer looked like it did inside in new hope. that was a good touch even though the technology looked shithouse
I laughed too much... But I HATE people who clap, it shits me. ALl these people stood up at the end and applauded, so stupid.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
because i was drunk i felt it would be a good idea to get up and yell "shut up you idiots! George Lucas cant hear you!"

and so i did and darth vader glared at me

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Attacus Finch, did u go to the gong premier at greater union, in town. if u did then i know about the darth vader guy ur talkin about!
but onto the movie, it was good, i still think anakin needed to be more powerful than he was portrayed i mean really, he is the chosen one, do something new! fuck come on..and i wouldve liked a bit more of vader-palp convo. but the whole order 66 bit was heaps emotional, i felt heaps bad for the jedi..so sad..even though anakin is my hero, tough prick that man killin those jedi younglings...
well anyway off to line up for Star Wars 3.5:A New way to screw people out of money..coming soon

X

xeuyrawp

AtticusFinch said:
because i was drunk i felt it would be a good idea to get up and yell "shut up you idiots! George Lucas cant hear you!"
Wow. I wish I could turn up to movies and be drunk. What a man.

AtticusFinch said:
and so i did and darth vader glared at me
Did he Force-Choke you?

funniboi

HSC
another great scene was when the wookie's charged out to vs the droids
gooo woookies!
ahahahhaha

very great how they limit the fighting scenes of yoda to make it more worthwhile.

you just know he's gonna kick ass!!!
ahahhahahaa

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Minai said:
Gargh, it's obvious what's gonna happen, and you know whats gonna happen, yet in some parts of the movie (such as Anakin's decision with Mace Windu/Palpatine), I still was thinking to myself "don't do it man..!!" Yeah it's pretty sad what happens to anakin and the jedi, and I did feel it, even though we all know what happens eventually.
Yeah, I thought that part of it was particularly well done as well.

Led-Zep said:
Attacus Finch, did u go to the gong premier at greater union, in town. if u did then i know about the darth vader guy ur talkin about!
but onto the movie, it was good, i still think anakin needed to be more powerful than he was portrayed i mean really, he is the chosen one, do something new! fuck come on..and i wouldve liked a bit more of vader-palp convo. but the whole order 66 bit was heaps emotional, i felt heaps bad for the jedi..so sad..even though anakin is my hero, tough prick that man killin those jedi younglings...
well anyway off to line up for Star Wars 3.5:A New way to screw people out of money..coming soon
I saw it at Greater Union Wollongong. If you heard a lot of hysterical laughter when the camera focused on Sidious's face just after it got fried, that was me. I just couldn't take it seriously!

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

jim_green said:
I saw it at Greater Union Wollongong. If you heard a lot of hysterical laughter when the camera focused on Sidious's face just after it got fried, that was me. I just couldn't take it seriously!
Yeah, I hated the makeup. His head looked like a shiny butt.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
heh I lovd it... except i wish anakin had of.. well when he turned to the dark side... I wish its was more... dramatic isnt the word, but u know what I mean... I reakon he should have resisted more.

Still loved it though... I stole a poster.. it was almost 3 in the mornign lol so noone saw me :p

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

flipsyde said:
heh I lovd it... except i wish anakin had of.. well when he turned to the dark side... I wish its was more... dramatic isnt the word, but u know what I mean... I reakon he should have resisted more.

Still loved it though... I stole a pster.. it was almost 3 in the mornign lol so noone saw me :p
I was considering taking one, too, but I was being watched. But yes, I also didn't like how Palpa just came out and said "I know the ways of the dark side" right away... He shoulda done it in a more subtle way.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
and also how just suddenly after ani's like "what have I done?" then "I am yours I will do what you ask of me" or somethign like that.. and he kneels to him. It would have been better if he was like nooo and ran off and was tempted more and yeah...what ^^^^ they said... And Go Yoda!.. Man he was awesome... nto that hes not normally awesome but he was even more awesome in this one lol.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea that transition was way to fast..anakin shouldve at least went beserk on a killing spree, or they shouldve had padme die earlier for ani to hear about it and then go insane and pledge his alliegence to the emperor, i rekon wouldve been better, cause like u said, flipsyde, it was way to fast from "oh no what have i done" to "i am yours...etc". well its lucas's universe and story so i guess he can do whatever he likes, at least this film owned the previous 2. nice and dark film wif some funny as shit too. best light sabre battles, and oh how bout the opening scene, wow!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
No, that would've been retarded. Anakin's transformation into Vader was very well handled because he struggled against his darker instincts right down to the end.

waterfowl

HSC
Anakin's transformation was done very well.

Having Padme die at the end, and Vader being all torn makes it more tragic - he journied to the dark side to save her, but ended up killing her instead; he was manipulated by Palpatine and this is what makes you still able to feel sorry for him.

X

xeuyrawp

waterfowl said:
Anakin's transformation was done very well.

Having Padme die at the end, and Vader being all torn makes it more tragic - he journied to the dark side to save her, but ended up killing her instead; he was manipulated by Palpatine and this is what makes you still able to feel sorry for him.
I don't think it was done well, probably made worse by Palpatine's seduction of him. The protagonist doing a bad thing for his lover/family but instead killing them is the classic tragedy; I was hoping for something else, and I think they could have done much for for it.

funniboi

HSC
I want to see it agian,
but i dont think I have enough time
i've got a busy schedual, might go tuesdays when its halfprice. :)

X

xeuyrawp

funniboi said:
I want to see it agian,
but i dont think I have enough time
i've got a busy schedual, might go tuesdays when its halfprice. :)
Yeh, halfprice Tuesday rocks- I finish uni early, so I go have lunch and a movie for less than $10:)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The acting was still far too stiff, and it's saying quite a bit to note that Empire and Jedi (the best of the lot) were lucky enough to not have Lucas directing. It wasn't bad, but it was hardly great. There was no real need to Lucas to go overboard with the special effects, too, but you cannot stop a boy from playing with his favourite toy, after all.

Edit: I thought that the final scene (binary sunset on Tatooine) was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)