Standard for Advanced Maths? (1 Viewer)

Norma.Jean

HSC
Not sure if this question has been asked but what is the standard for Mathematics Advanced e.g around 80% plus is all assessments...
just a rough idea if you please :)

bored of sc

HSC
Differs from person to person.

In my humble opinion:
If you're struggling 50-60% is standard.
If you're an average student 70-75% is about where you want to be.
If you're looking to go well 85%.
And for someone really liking maths (e.g. me) 95% is the aim.

So where do you stand?

Oh, our maths teacher said 75% is a good mark in mathematics.

Norma.Jean

HSC
It can range from 65% to 75% depending on the subject e.g Linear Function i manage to go really well in but Geometry is just (thumbs down) for me...

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Well our whole one class is failing. I got 73% in the half yearly and came first and then I stopped doing homework and got 30% in the next test. Probably get about 45% for the yearly. In the half yearly only 4 people passed out of a class of like 25. So yea we suck.

vds700

HSC
Depends on the difficulty of the assessment. Maybe your school sets ahrd tasks

I remember during my 2, 3 unit accelerated days, some of the assessmnets were damn hard and you were doing well if you passed. Many failed (including me). Dont stress too much in year 11, learn from your mistakes and work hard and you'll do fine in the HSC.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Update update.
My half joking prediction was right.
I got 48% for my yearly report in mathematics and came 3rd in the year. I am getting an award for coming 3rd too and I don't think I deserve it, I didn't even do any homework. But of course I'll accept the award. Our teacher even said that we are the worst year she has ever had, in terms if we never do the homework she sets. I wonder why... (no sarcasm)
I put (no sarcasm) in brackets so often lets shorten it - anyone who sees this - 'no sarcasm' represented by ns ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)