Standard english with a uai of 95+ (1 Viewer)

benjihua93

HSC
hey could someone who did standard english and got a uai of 95+ please post there subjects and the marks they got in those subjects thank you very much

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
benjihua93 said:
hey could someone who did standard english and got a uai of 95+ please post there subjects and the marks they got in those subjects thank you very much
I know tonnes of people from my school who got Dux/99+ UAI with English Standard.

First guy (named Peter Yoon from 2004 HSC):

English Standard: Band 5
Mathematics 2 Unit: 100/100 First in the State (in 2003 as an accelerant)
Mathematics Extension 1: 49/50 = 98/99 out of 100 (in 2003 as an accelerant)
Mathematics Extension 2: 98, 99 or thereabout out of 100
Physics: 98/100 First in the state
Chemistry: High Band 6
SOR: @#$%^???
Spanish Beginners: Band 6

UAI: 99.90 UAI - top for the English Standard students.

Second guy also did English Standard and he got 99.45 UAI. He got Band 6s in all his subjects (physics, chem, business studies, MX2, MX1) except English and SOR.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
benjihua93 said:
if that is what you want change to advanced

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-Anfernee- said:
hahah, that's very funny man. Your mate that got those amazing results is a machine. oBVIOUSLY THE OP won't be able to replicate the same kind of results in his HSC in those subjects.

hahaha
It's unlikely, yes. But it's possible. Hopefully, this will give him some boost of confidence.

-Anfernee-

HSC
lyounamu said:
It's unlikely, yes. But it's possible. Hopefully, this will give him some boost of confidence.

that's true but it could also crush his confidence when he sees that he has to get in the top 3% at the very least in each course to try and pull it off.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Namu, I agree with Anthony. You are a disgusting, disgusting man.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Def not impossible. There's a handful of kids who did Eng Std who are doing pharmacy with me, and the cutoff in our year was 96 or thereabouts.

St Pius X? That's like, 10 minutes away from me! Great school I heard. lyounamu, I have heard of your very helpful reputation, judging from your posts in this thread alone, I would definitely agree. Kudos to you!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Def not impossible. There's a handful of kids who did Eng Std who are doing pharmacy with me, and the cutoff in our year was 96 or thereabouts.

St Pius X? That's like, 10 minutes away from me! Great school I heard. lyounamu, I have heard of your very helpful reputation, judging from your posts in this thread alone, I would definitely agree. Kudos to you!
Thanks, highly appreciate it.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Its not that its impossible to get high marks with standard, its just that generally people who do standard would not do as well in their other subjects too. The trend is that people who do standard would have more trouble understanding the content of the other subjects they do and especially struggle with writing extended reponses or communicating their answers as effectively.

Danta232

HSC
St Pius X College (aka the Best High School in NSW)

Well, some people dont have the money to go to schools like that. Its not even a school it's a freakin college. I go to Bomaderry High School, it gets from 130-150 or so in the top schools each year. that is quite high for a public school i think, but i mean... If i have the money, or even the ability to go to a school like that i am sure all my results would improve. Sure alot of it is on ability and hard work, but it musn't hurt.

I am looking to do Exercise Scince btw - UAI 88 or sth, and looking at a UAI of around 90.... so i should scrape though... and thats the worrying thing though, i dont wanna jsut scrape through XD

Well, thats good... I really felt like a rant XD

Thanks guys

Later

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Danta232 said:
Well, some people dont have the money to go to schools like that. Its not even a school it's a freakin college. I go to Bomaderry High School, it gets from 130-150 or so in the top schools each year. that is quite high for a public school i think, but i mean... If i have the money, or even the ability to go to a school like that i am sure all my results would improve. Sure alot of it is on ability and hard work, but it musn't hurt.

I am looking to do Exercise Scince btw - UAI 88 or sth, and looking at a UAI of around 90.... so i should scrape though... and thats the worrying thing though, i dont wanna jsut scrape through XD

Well, thats good... I really felt like a rant XD

Thanks guys

Later
School doesn't pay much contribution to your UAI. UAI is basically all about you. My school is a private high school, yes but there is no such thing as "spoon-feeding". Students do their works themselves and get the marks that they deserve. To be honest, if I went to different school myself, I don't think UAI I get in the end will be any different at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)