Standard English concerns, and units (1 Viewer)

Trades

HSC
N/A
Hey guys just wondering if someone could help me out my current subjects are

Maths
Maths Ext 1
ENG Stdrd.
Physics
Chemistry
SOR2
SDD

here are my questions, can I drop SOR2 for catholic studies at the end of this year?

will english standard bring my atar down?

is there a huge difference atar wase between maths ext 1 and ext 2?

Im currently getting around 90 in all of these subjects with the exception of SOR2 what atar am I looking at if I continue this trend?

Is it to late? Alot of people I know have been doing year 12 work already, am I too late?

thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey guys just wondering if someone could help me out my current subjects are

Maths
Maths Ext 1
ENG Stdrd.
Physics
Chemistry
SOR2
SDD

here are my questions, can I drop SOR2 for catholic studies at the end of this year?

will english standard bring my atar down?

is there a huge difference atar wase between maths ext 1 and ext 2?

Im currently getting around 90 in all of these subjects with the exception of SOR2 what atar am I looking at if I continue this trend?

Is it to late? Alot of people I know have been doing year 12 work already, am I too late?

thanks
1. I don't know if you can take up Catholic Studies in Year 12 because most subjects require Year 11 as a prerequisite.

2. No, it scales the same as Advanced but aligns poorly. You will find Std. English a very difficult subject to score high marks in externally.

3. Yes, MX2 is generally the highest scaling subject around - and scales very well. DO NOT pick it based on scaling.

4. We need your internal ranks and your school rank to determine that accurately.

5. No, who cares if others take Year 12 work already? Concentrate on yourself.

anne1010

HSC
yea you can drop SOR to catholic studies. or you can drop from 2 unit down to 1

enoilgam

HSC
1) You can drop from SOR to catholic studies at the end of year 12. I went to a catholic school and I know many who did this.
2) Standard english aligns poorly which means it has the potential to bring your ATAR down. Do advanced english because it is only a little bit harder then advanced, but aligns much better. Last year in standard, there were only 64 band 6's in standard out of the 30,000 students who do it
3) As mentioned by shadowdude, extension 2 is generally considered to be the best scaling subject and it probably scales better then MX1. MX1 still scales very well. However, you shouldnt choose subjects based on scaling.
4) As shadowdude says, to estimate an ATAR, you need to provide internal rankings and school rankings, marks arnt much use for the purpose of estimation
5) Never focus on others. Focusing on yourself is paramount to success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)