SSAF fee's (1 Viewer)

andybandy

HSC
How do I just pay the SSAF fee's?
I've applied for the HECS eligibility for my main fee's, but that $140.50 I have no idea where to pay it

D94

HSC
N/A
I think you should call the university (email may take a while) to clarify, because it seems you must pay before the census date. But since the new system combines the SSAF and Course Fees, I can't see where (from where I've clicked so far in myUNSW) you would pay them separately.

andybandy

HSC
I did call them, they didn't help me much, they said you go to fee's and payments and something, but they also said their should be a check box and you should uncheck the SSAF fee, but they didn't tell me how.

D94

HSC
N/A
Try this: Log onto myUNSW > My Student Profile (Tab) > Fee Statement & Payment Options (under Financials) > View Details (for this semester) > Payment Options > Tick the checkbox > Payment Options

So at any of these screens, do you get an option to select the SSAF?

(NB: you can just click the "Back to my tabs" image to get out of that if you don't want to proceed with payment)

andybandy

HSC
Try this: Log onto myUNSW > My Student Profile (Tab) > Fee Statement & Payment Options (under Financials) > View Details (for this semester) > Payment Options > Tick the checkbox > Payment Options

So at any of these screens, do you get an option to select the SSAF?

(NB: you can just click the "Back to my tabs" image to get out of that if you don't want to proceed with payment)
I tried that, all it did was give me an option to pay the full amount 4,014.10 :/

D94

HSC
N/A
I tried that, all it did was give me an option to pay the full amount 4,014.10 :/
Firstly, did you apply for SA-HELP? If you have, then you definitely won't have an option to pay that separately.

If you haven't, then in that case, you do need to call and email UNSW again, but you need to put your foot down and tell them there's no option to select SSAF. You need to make sure when you finish calling, or emailing that you know exactly where to pay the SSAF.

andybandy

HSC
Firstly, did you apply for SA-HELP? If you have, then you definitely won't have an option to pay that separately.

If you haven't, then in that case, you do need to call and email UNSW again, but you need to put your foot down and tell them there's no option to select SSAF. You need to make sure when you finish calling, or emailing that you know exactly where to pay the SSAF.
No I haven't applied for help, $140.50 isn't worth it to apply for help. I guess I'll call them again soon, have you payed yours ?

D94

HSC
N/A
I just deferred it. At the time of when I had the choice to pay or apply, there was no great incentive of paying it upfront, so I just deferred it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I just deferred it. At the time of when I had the choice to pay or apply, there was no great incentive of paying it upfront, so I just deferred it.
When do you know that you will definitely receive a deferment though?

When I do this:

Log onto myUNSW --> My Student Profile (Tab) --> Commonwealth Government forms,

It says "HECS-HELP eligible" for HECS, but for SA-HELP it says "SA-HELP applied for".

Does that mean its automatically deferred?

D94

HSC
N/A
When do you know that you will definitely receive a deferment though?

When I do this:

Log onto myUNSW --> My Student Profile (Tab) --> Commonwealth Government forms,

It says "HECS-HELP eligible" for HECS, but for SA-HELP it says "SA-HELP applied for".

Does that mean its automatically deferred?
Yeah, so that means you have deferred it. If you ever want to pay it upfront, there is a process of doing so:
If you have already requested SA-HELP you may cancel the arrangement at any time by writing to the Student Financials Section. In your correspondence, please specify the program and semester for which you would like to cancel the assistance.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, so that means you have deferred it. If you ever want to pay it upfront, there is a process of doing so:
Ok thanks. I have a ton of other stuff to pay for now and there is no real benefit of paying it now (Luckily I applied just before the 22nd when they closed deferment of SSAF).

andybandy

HSC
I'm assuming its to late to apply for SSAF help ?

I would rather pay the thing right now, I'm hecs eligible but not SSAF eligible

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'm assuming its to late to apply for SSAF help ?

I would rather pay the thing right now, I'm hecs eligible but not SSAF eligible
I can't remember where I read it but there was a date threshold on applying for SA-HELP.

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
this stuff confuses me, last year i only had to pay the service and amenities fee which i could pay myself and then the student contribution fee was put on hecs, but now it's telling me to pay both :/ what do i do

andybandy

HSC
this stuff confuses me, last year i only had to pay the service and amenities fee which i could pay myself and then the student contribution fee was put on hecs, but now it's telling me to pay both :/ what do i do
That's the probably I'm having but this is my first year as a uni student, I assume you could pay it seperatley last year as they didn't show liabilities together, but this year they do.. I'm having the same problem

Candidate

HSC
This is getting really frustrating. My brother enrolled into Macquarie for an Honours and was able to pay SSAF separately upfront, but UNSW doesn't seem to let you do that.

Since my liability says HECS-HELP eligible, does this mean my student fees will be automatically be put on my HECS once the census date is up?

andybandy

HSC
This is getting really frustrating. My brother enrolled into Macquarie for an Honours and was able to pay SSAF separately upfront, but UNSW doesn't seem to let you do that.

Since my liability says HECS-HELP eligible, does this mean my student fees will be automatically be put on my HECS once the census date is up?
Your SSAF fee's won't be put on your HECS once the sensus date is up, thats the fustrating thing, theirs a seperate form you have to fill under the common wealth forms on myunsw for SSAF help. I would just rather pay it up front though, due to it being so much simpler.

willawong

HSC
Does the SSAF have to be paid by 9 March or until the census date? I also cant pay the fee separately and I am guessing that it is too late to lodge in a SA-HELP form?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)