Spring Units/Hec-help (1 Viewer)

BeyondDeath

HSC
Ok so I've got even more questions to throw at you guys :p

When I went to get my student card, the lady there told me that I should have enrolled in spring units as well as the autumn ones that I have. But when I try to, it won't let me, giving me the page that says "cannot find units" or something. Is this the case for anyone else?

Also I received my invoice for the course so how do you apply for HECs-Help? Are they gonna send a separate form or what?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You should have put in your spring units in MySR in unit selection and not unit-set unless you have been told to.

You are also supposed to have registered for HECS-HELP within the 'commonwealth assistance form' which is within MySR online, you could not have enrolled without putting in your TFN or asked for a waiver, so you must have already put in a HECS-HELP payment method.

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
Yea I did put my TFN and did all that Commonwealth support thing, so thats it? What do I do with the invoice so they know I'm getting a loan or something?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Yea I did put my TFN and did all that Commonwealth support thing, so thats it? What do I do with the invoice so they know I'm getting a loan or something?
Yeah, but you should of understood what payment option you've made, sounds like you ain't know jack about it. You should have read the entire hecs-help booklet before making your selection.

HECS-Help booklet: http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/NR/rdo...A55C510E07B/0/07_068_HECSHELPiNTERNET_004.pdf

PS: I am not a mind reader nor are the people at the ATO(they look at what you've put down and it seems you don't even know!!!)and i don't know what you've chosen. It should also state your payment method and what amount you owe to the Australian Tax Office if any on your invoice. The method of payment you have chosen should be specified within the decleration history box within the 'Commonwealth Assistance Form'.

boris2003

HSC
Wooz, is it too late to enroll into the Spring units, if not i will do it today, i just thought that i could enroll into them after i finish the autumn ones, and i haven't received an invoice, does it come via the post or what, i enrolled on the 12th February.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Wooz: I chose the "obtain HECS-help loan" and then the "Make partial upfront payment". What I want to know is what I've got to do to get HECs to pay for my invoice. It says that the minimum amount due is $2,902.40 and is due on 31/3/08, so does that mean I have to pay it all by myself by that date?

boris2003: Thats what I thought too. As for the invoice, I recieved it yesturday but it is dated 12th February so it has been awhile for it to get here.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Wooz: I chose the "obtain HECS-help loan" and then the "Make partial upfront payment". What I want to know is what I've got to do to get HECs to pay for my invoice. It says that the minimum amount due is $2,902.40 and is due on 31/3/08, so does that mean I have to pay it all by myself by that date?

boris2003: Thats what I thought too. As for the invoice, I recieved it yesturday but it is dated 12th February so it has been awhile for it to get here.
BeyondDeath: What does it say in your Decleration history? You've got HECS, it's just that you might have stuffed up with your payment method. Yeah pretty much you've gotta pay $2,902.40, unless you can get UWS student services to change your decleration, they should allow you to do it as it's before the census date. But don't leave it to the last minute do it first thing monday.

Boris2003: You should enrol in your spring units ASAP to guarentee a place, esp for elective units. No it's not too late BTW.

boris2003

HSC
Wooz said:
BeyondDeath: What does it say in your Decleration history? You've got HECS, it's just that you might have stuffed up with your payment method. Yeah pretty much you've gotta pay $2,902.40, unless you can get UWS student services to change your decleration, they should allow you to do it as it's before the census date. But don't leave it to the last minute do it first thing monday.

Boris2003: You should enrol in your spring units ASAP to guarentee a place, esp for elective units. No it's not too late BTW.
Ok, now i picked 4 units ,what do i press:

Proceed to checkout, or update cart.

Also because i picked these 4 units after my 1st 4, so i guess they will have to send 2 inovices or...

BeyondDeath

HSC
Wooz: Hmm it says: FROM-2005 HECS-HELP PAID FULL UP-FRONT WITH DISCOUNT. I'm sure I checked the boxed saying Obtain loan and Partial payment!?!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
Ok, now i picked 4 units ,what do i press:

Proceed to checkout, or update cart.

Also because i picked these 4 units after my 1st 4, so i guess they will have to send 2 inovices or...
Update cart, then proceed to checkout I guess.

Dunno what would happen in the later, if the invoice doesn account for all your units it's best to contact UWS student services, they may pass the buck onto the ATO though. They would prob send you another invoice in 2nd semester, but it's best to contact them once you get your invoice.

Last edited:

boris2003

HSC
Ok, will do that. But i am confused, they won't charge me for the same units twice right, i mean as i selected 4 in aututmn, expecting an invoice, now i added 4 for spring, does that mean that in my second invoice, i will get hecs for 8 units, or just an additional 4 that i am about to pick.

Also another cruical question i am having trouble with. I accepted also my main round offer Bachelor of Arts, haven't enrolled. I called the Student Centre twice, 1 guy said that once i enroll in B Bus and Comm, the first accepted offer should automatically lapse off. Another girl, however told me that i should get a resignation form on Monday and resign from my first accepted offer of BA. But why, i haven't enrolled. Any help, much appreciated

amythyst

HSC
boris2003 said:
Ok, will do that. But i am confused, they won't charge me for the same units twice right, i mean as i selected 4 in aututmn, expecting an invoice, now i added 4 for spring, does that mean that in my second invoice, i will get hecs for 8 units, or just an additional 4 that i am about to pick.

Also another cruical question i am having trouble with. I accepted also my main round offer Bachelor of Arts, haven't enrolled. I called the Student Centre twice, 1 guy said that once i enroll in B Bus and Comm, the first accepted offer should automatically lapse off. Another girl, however told me that i should get a resignation form on Monday and resign from my first accepted offer of BA. But why, i haven't enrolled. Any help, much appreciated
hi boris2003, you wont be charged for the same unit twice. you will only get an invoice for 4 autumn units and then closer to spring you will get an invoice for those 4 spring units...

if you havnt enrolled, there is no need to resign from the course - but - i suggest you call the student information line as they will b able to confirm your enrolment status and confirm the information i am saying (always best to get enrolment information direct from the university) call 1300 668 370

enjoy your studies...

boris2003

HSC
amythyst said:
hi boris2003, you wont be charged for the same unit twice. you will only get an invoice for 4 autumn units and then closer to spring you will get an invoice for those 4 spring units...

if you havnt enrolled, there is no need to resign from the course - but - i suggest you call the student information line as they will b able to confirm your enrolment status and confirm the information i am saying (always best to get enrolment information direct from the university) call 1300 668 370

enjoy your studies...
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)