Splendour in the Grass 07 (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
On the weekend of August 4-5, fingers crossed I get Mondays off next semester.

All I know so far is Bloc Party are going, post rumours and announcements here!

HSC
yeah, i'll be there assuming i can get a ticket.

but i'm not up for camping this year. showering in fucking shower-filled semi trailers, fuck that off. i'm either going to get off my ass and book a place in byron fast (tough considering most places make you stay five nights over splendour weekend) or just drive home each night.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hey
rubyanne's from byron hey.....................
RUBY!
but seriously
lauren, nick, lets get our accomodation on

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
fuck this, yo!
i didnt plan on getting bloc party tickets cos i'd rather go to splendour (assuming the lineup is decent) but now bloc party is sold outtttt. and that accomodation thing is fucked up. hmm but if the lineup is good enough i'll work something out :eek:

HSC
you can all come back to my house .. umm i mean .. :eek:

yeah, nfi what i'm going to do yet either. but you should totally go :uhhuh:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
if just one of dcfc or ladytron or metric are added to the lineup, that will make me go for sure. but i think the chance of any of them coming here any time soon is pretty unlikely cos im assuming dcfc will be recording, ladytron don't even know we exist, and metric.... well i think maybe they're pretty much the same :eek:

HSC
metric would be fucking AMAZING, yo :eek: my friend who likes to think she has scene connections said the arcade fire might come? i don't know if she's full of shit, she probably is, but hey.

and dcfc played splendour last year :wave:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh i think im going. free accomodation in bryon is definatly a plus as is the free transport there and back...
im about 60% at this point
though i can see myself barring some of the bands to go surf shipwrecks :eek:

HSC
i think the tickets usually go on sale a few weeks after the first lineup announcement? if the whole server dies again i'm going to cry (wait, i already did that last year)

chim-chimity

HSC
katietheskatie said:
metric would be fucking AMAZING, yo :eek: my friend who likes to think she has scene connections said the arcade fire might come? i don't know if she's full of shit, she probably is, but hey.

and dcfc played splendour last year :wave:
ARCADE FIRE WOULD BE AMAZING! except I already bought tickets to Bloc Party... and it's so close to my trials.....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Espo15 said:
shins rumoured
:eek: :eek: :eek: them and Arcade Fire would be amazing. Umm so what's the deal with camp tickets? I'm a multiday festival newbie and live in Sydney, doubt I'm going to organise accomodation in time

HSC
then fucking well make sure you get camping tickets. you're supposed to set up on friday, they have a bit of stuff going on friday night, and then saturday and sunday night you camp as well. yep.

chim-chimity

HSC
From FasterLouder:

Rumours are flying after a notice on The Cure's official website confirmed the band would be playing the Fuji Rock festival, Hong Hong, Singapore and Australia.

The band will perform at Fuji Rock on July 27, before hitting Hong Kong on July 30 and Singapore on August 1. The announcement also confirmed the band would be playing "some Australian cities", igniting rumours the band will play Splendour in the Grass, which takes place on August 4 and 5.

The last time The Cure visited Australia was in late 2000, when Robert Smith and bandmates performed Livid as part of the Bloodflowers world tour. No official tour announcement has been made at this point but full details will be posted in the coming weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)