speeding lols (1 Viewer)

Dod0

HSC
speeding :(

so i was driving through a school zone today which has a speed camera... i was doing about 42-45 not really sure but when i looked at my clock it was 2:20 and everyone was going slow while i was speeding... im on my red p's if i get the fine will i get a shitty fine or lose my license... :( the car isnt registered in my name its in my parents so what will happen ? loss of license or just a fine..

Last edited:

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
parents will get the speeding fine
if they are nice they might cop it for you

Revelrous

HSC
if theres a speed camera at that location there should be flashing signs
even if you get fined you can always say your parents did it if they want to take the fall for you

Dod0

HSC
I'd say they would cop it for me.. but if they dont ill lose my license yeah ?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
you'll lose your licence. 4 points for a school zone speeding fine, but also p1 drivers lose their licence immediately on any speeding offence.

it's around a 200$ fine.

and if your parents cop it for you, expect them to want a lot back.

you might be safe though, if it was actually 220. you'll get the notice in ~a week if you got caught.

also, the title of the thread makes me think that you don't really care. it's not exactly a laughing matter.

Dod0

HSC
Re: speeding failure

Yeah poor choice of wording in the title and I do care quite a bit.. Hopefully I wasnt speeding too much and I didnt get caught, It really was an eye opener on concentration and If I do get caught I'm fucked soo yeah..

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
im sure your parents will be fine with copping it, unless they want you to learn from it, but 2-5km over is not work you losing your licence and its like 1 point for them

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
actually
its 5 points
a normal speeding offence is 4 for a P1 driver, the extra point is for the school zone
your efforts deserve a 3 month speeding suspension.

oh plus another 3 months for losing more points than your license allows.

fucking lol

Dod0

HSC
Wow 6 months thats even better.. /lifeover

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
actually
its 5 points
a normal speeding offence is 4 for a P1 driver, the extra point is for the school zone
your efforts deserve a 3 month speeding suspension.

oh plus another 3 months for losing more points than your license allows.

fucking lol
ahh yeah they changed it recently? i remember getting a letter from the rta and freaking out that it was a fine.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/speeding.html

&&

Suspension and refusal periods

Reaching or exceeding the demerit points limit results in licence suspension or refusal. The RTA will send a Notice of Suspension or Refusal to a licence holder who reaches or exceeds the number of points available for their type of licence, or who commits an excessive speed offence. A Notice of suspension or refusal will specify the date the licence suspension or refusal is to begin. The imposition of a licence suspension or refusal period relies on the RTA serving a Notice.

For unrestricted licence holders, the period of suspension depends on the number of points accumulated as follows:

12 to 15 points - three months.
16 to 19 points - four months.
20 or more points - five months.
For provisional and learner licence holders, the suspension period is three months.
i don't think you lose it for an extra three months? it doesn't say anything on the rta website.

chuboy

HSC
If it was only 3kms over you may be able to defend the speeding ticket but if it was a fixed speed camera there would have been signs leading up to it, or else you get the ticket from a cop on the spot. So you might have got lucky this time.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
ahh yeah they changed it recently? i remember getting a letter from the rta and freaking out that it was a fine.

Speeding penalties

&&

i don't think you lose it for an extra three months? it doesn't say anything on the rta website.
its happened before, people have posted about it, happened to a friend of mine too who had lost 2 points for not showing p plates
you cop the 3 you get for speeding
then the other 3 for losing too many points.

why would they let you get away with losing more demerit points than you have?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
its happened before, people have posted about it, happened to a friend of mine too who had lost 2 points for not showing p plates
you cop the 3 you get for speeding
then the other 3 for losing too many points.

why would they let you get away with losing more demerit points than you have?
yeah, i get what you're saying, it just doesn't say anything. makes sense though.

one of my mates lost his licence out the front of school, his p plate was displayed upside down and the second he pulled away from the curb, an unmarked police car that sits out the front of my school all the time pulled out aswell and pulled him over. ridiculous rule.

Dod0

HSC
yeah i know where the camera is and i looked at my clock and it was only 2:20 according to my clock and i didnt pay attention to look for the lights flashing i have no way of defending it seeing as it was 100% my fault. hopefully my parents will help me out

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
school zone hours are 8 am to 9:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm, but if your clock is off by 10 minutes then lulz phail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)