Speaking Exam (3 Viewers)

Gemstone

Yeah they can't ask you any personal details stuff cos of privacy. You can say it if you want but they can't specifically ask you.

Anyway what's with needing a passport photo for it?

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
they want to know that it's actually you sitting the test and not some japanese expert you paid to sit the exam for you

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
why do sometimes my posts not post? Cause i said pretty much the exact same thing.

But yeah frodo is correct because without proper id, a person whos lived in japan for the past 5 years could come and sit it for you

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Just make sure you don't get an examiner with a loud obnoxious voice. That sucks.

The worst thing about that exam was having そうです_! screamed in my ear.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Thats when you reply: はい、そうです。あなたは大きくてイライラなこえがありますよ。

Yes, that is so. You have have a loud and annoying voice!

Last edited:

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
dont be so hard on ur examiners, most of the time theyre just trying to be nice

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
its not stupid... everybodys scared of examiners... the band 5/6 people manage to overcome their initial fear they get in there and are like wow these people are really nice.

Gemstone

Lol nah I meant about the photo's. Yeah I don't get all that nervous about language speaking exams. Probably will for this one though cos it's people I don't know. My Japanese teachers been the same one since year 7.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The band 5/6 people aren't scared of the examiners to begin with, because we've been told enough times that they have jack all to do with marking our responses. :p

What the top notch types fear would be closer to making things too complicated, to the point that they no longer make sense.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
hey, anyone thinking of entering the speech contest at the Japan foundation?? i thought it was really good experience when i did it last year and wanna try it again this year. ee..but the thing is i dunno if i have time though, with trials and everything during that period.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Thanx for the correction Lex, help a lot in the test. Everybody went in their with complicated answers, and i went in with the basic sentences but used senior structures.

They all came out super stressed cause our teacher cut them off, but i had a good conversation flowing... hopefully that = good marks :)

Im really not a good speaker in japanese or english, so i doubt id get anwhere in competition.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm glad to have helped. :)

Getting a conversation flowing is the central aim - if you pulled that off, expect to do well.

Gemstone

Yeah I'm a horrible speaker in general so I don't expect to do that great.

Anyway my teacher told me that as long as I keep the conversation flowing and say stuff I can handle I'll do fine. So basically still use Senior sturctures but don't make things to complicated. She also told us that generally we shouldn't be saying more than 3 sentences, cos you'll get cut off.

Anyway I don't know I reckon I'll just say whatever I can and not get to worried about it.

Does anyone know how much it's worth.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
just wondering where can i get a copy of the speaking exam questions booklet??? that would really help!

our trial hsc japanese speaking exam is coming pretty soon!!! any help and tips or anythin would be great!!

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
i dont think there is a proper list... but some examples are at the hsc.csu.edu.au site.

Oh Lex i just noticed something under your name. Thinking of Oxford? Or just like the latin?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Both, equally. :)

The meaning of the phrase is absolutely beautiful, and I love Oxford Dictionaries (hence "Lexicographer"). The university itself...well, I may end up there sometime. Who knows?

X

xeuyrawp

Heya all-
Ok, I have to say this- My HSC timetable is totally rooted.
I have my 2U Jap HSC speaking exam on a saturday of the week that I have a Trial Exam every day.

Also, the week before has only one free day.

To make it worse, the first week of the HSC has 6 exams in 5 days for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)