SOR II or Legal Studies???!!!? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I would choose Legal Studies out of those two because I never minded legal stuff in commerce, did really well in it and quite like humanity subjects.

However before I advise you;
1) What other subjects are you thinking of doing?
2) What subjects are you doing best in Yr 10?
3) Is doing some type of SOR compulsory at your school?
4) What school subjects do you like?

I advise you to weigh up the pros and cons of doing/not doing these two subjects. Ignore the person bringing scaling into this, it should only be considered when you dead lock can't decide which subject to pick and you have equal ability in both (more likely to occur once the lines are set and you didn't get your first preferred study pattern).

It's good you are thinking about it earlier but don't deadset it yet-some subjects in Yr 10 may change your mind.

tearsdontfall

HSC
SOR II is easier, I think.
But, choose Legal! It does have a lot of content to remember, but it's really interesting and is a great humanity subject. You get to do a legal moot - like a mock trial, but you have no witnesses, just legal attorneys, which is super fun and really helps you with applying theory practically.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Lol omg. Really?

Take a look at the content of both subjects. Stop beinG so indecisive, that gets you no where.

fusionillusion

HSC
Lol omg. Really?

Take a look at the content of both subjects. Stop beinG so indecisive, that gets you no where.
"lol omg" so what if i'm being indecisive? it's my decision to make.

Thankyou to everyone else who helped, much appreciated! :)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Dude chill. I wasnt intending to offend you. I was merely hoping that you weren't still stressing over the matter.

ciaobella17

HSC
Personally, I do SOR I unit (as it is compulsory at Catholic schools) and Legal Studies, both are really interesting courses and I guess it should come down to personal preference. Would you rather learn about the various world religions and traditions, such as Judaism and Islam, or Buddhism and Christianity? Or would you rather learn about how our legal system works and the various aspects of all different types of laws and then specialize in a few (in the HSC). Each one has its pros and cons, but I enjoy them both, you have to have similar skills to achieve great marks in either. You could have a look at the syllabus of both courses which can be found at: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au to see which one you find a lot more interesting. If you liek you could also consider doing one unit of religion (which I'm guessing would be on a different line) and doing Legal Studies, in which way you would get the best of both worlds. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)