SOR I or SOR II (2 Viewers)

smushieex

HSC
I'm having trouble choosing. lol.
Is there that big of a difference between the both?

How hard is SOR II compared to SOR I?

I'm thinking of doing SOR II, but I haven't heard much about it, so feedback would be nice :)

omgitzvicki

HSC
Do SOR 1 unit for less work, like me ;D
SOR II has a lot more you need to know and doing SOR1 makes studying for your other subjects easier and less stressful :)

But, always up to you ..

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
SOR II isn't necessarily more difficult, you just do more religions.

Shan4curry

HSC
smushieex said:
I'm having trouble choosing. lol.
Is there that big of a difference between the both?

How hard is SOR II compared to SOR I?

I'm thinking of doing SOR II, but I haven't heard much about it, so feedback would be nice :)
I myself do SOR I. I had one friend do SOR II for Prelim, then dropped to SOR I. I have another good mate who's still in SOR II. I'm assuming you're going to a Private Catholic school? Lol, I really didn't want to do either but oh well.

I think the main points you need to know are:
- There is more content to cover in SOR II than in SOR I
- you will have less SOR I lessons than SOR II (in my school anyway)
- The exam for SOR II is longer than SOR I (due to content - I'm not sure what the exact time difference is)
- If you choose SOR II for preliminary, you have the option to drop down to SOR I for HSC year if you believe it's too hard/inconvenient/etc for you.
- if you choose SOR I, that means you will have to choose another 1 Unit subject to keep the balance of having a maximum of 12 Units. In my case, I did Computing Applications which I had to automatically drop once I hit Year 12. I have 11 Units now, enough for HSC. HSC requires you have at least 10 Units.

I might have missed some, so forgive me if I did.
Basically, it depends on your interest in the subject. You may also just want to try SOR II for Prelim, then consider dropping down one unit for HSC. You can always stay with SOR II, too. It's really up to you.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i do 2u. i only moved up from 1u in yr 11 so i could drop bio in term 2 :D. its just like any other 2u course, 3 hr hsc exam etc. i wouldnt classify it as hard - just alot of content.

Note: if you go to a catholic school you must learn christianity and judaism (you do three so school chooses the other).

smushieex

HSC
^do you have to do christianity in SOR I?

I've kinda had enough of learning about christianity, been studying it since primary. T_T Literally.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hollyy. said:
i do 2u. i only moved up from 1u in yr 11 so i could drop bio in term 2 :D. its just like any other 2u course, 3 hr hsc exam etc. i wouldnt classify it as hard - just alot of content.

Note: if you go to a catholic school you must learn christianity and judaism (you do three so school chooses the other).
Are you serious? You moved up from 1 Unit in Year 11 to 2 Unit in Year 12? How is that possible? That is awesome!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Are you serious? You moved up from 1 Unit in Year 11 to 2 Unit in Year 12? How is that possible? That is awesome!
no, term 2 in yr 11 i was doing bio and 1u. but i hated bio and couldnt wait to drop. but that would give me 11u, so i needed and extra one. so i picked up 2u sor bout 2 weeks beforer the end of term two in yr 11. my friend did the same but with ancient instead of bio.

sorry should have been more clear.

freaksoutalot

HSC
generally the same except in SOR II you'll do more depth studies, like more religions.

good subject but u need a very open and good teacher, ido it at a christian school but we're doing christianity (kinda the base one everyone does) islam, budhism and religions of northic origins.
so yeah id say go with SOR11 n then if its not for u drop down.

bored of sc

HSC
1 unit and 2 unit religion are equal in difficulty. 2 unit is twice the content, examination hours, mark value and unit contribution to HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)