sor essay questions!!!! (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I have got sor exam coming up and it's 1.5 hours exam.

I will have 2 short answers and one extended response, I reckon...

I did 3 assessments before this.

1. I did one on the nature of religion and belief where we talked about aboriginal beleifs and religion as in general.
  2. I did another on Jewish ethical system where I talked about takkum olam (not sure about spelling) and empowering people (there is a term here, but I forgot).
  3. The last assessment was on speech where I compared the communion rite in different denominatinos.
Do you think I will potentially get the tasks related to above? Or would I get entirely new questions?

And what are the really good & difficult sor essay questions? Thanks!!

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
are you doing 1U or 2U SOR?

for each religion you studied in class do a basic summary for
- principle beliefs
- historical development
- prophets and other major figures
- worship practices
- religious ethics
- holy texts

and make sure you learn the key religious terms.

Generally in exams they wont put an obsure question? I mean, even in the HSC for SOR the questions are quite broad with plenty to write about so if you do summarys for the points above then you'll do well.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SeftonIsAHole said:
are you doing 1U or 2U SOR?

for each religion you studied in class do a basic summary for
- principle beliefs
- historical development
- prophets and other major figures
- worship practices
- religious ethics
- holy texts

and make sure you learn the key religious terms.

Generally in exams they wont put an obsure question? I mean, even in the HSC for SOR the questions are quite broad with plenty to write about so if you do summarys for the points above then you'll do well.
Sorry, it's 1 unit sor.

you think so? But I am certain that will give us a depth analysis of the particular topic in religion e.g. ethical system of judaism.

thanks for your suggestion by the way.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
In my religion exam the questions for christianity and Judaism was Explain how Jesus was a model for christian life and I think for Judaism was Explain the principal teachings of Judaism. I'm not sure about Judaism because our class did Islam and I only glanced at the Judaism question.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
In my religion exam the questions for christianity and Judaism was Explain how Jesus was a model for christian life and I think for Judaism was Explain the principal teachings of Judaism. I'm not sure about Judaism because our class did Islam and I only glanced at the Judaism question.
Damn, so you didn't have any options to choose from?

so you didn't get any question like:

Do 1 question from Q1-3

1. explain why jesus is a model...whatever
2. outline the sacred texts/writings of the christianity and explain
3. explain the ethical system of christianity

And

Do 1 question from Q4-6
1. explain the ethical system of judaism
2. outline the sacred texts/writing..whatever
3. 129871297129 whatever.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
Damn, so you didn't have any options to choose from?

so you didn't get any question like:

Do 1 question from Q1-3

1. explain why jesus is a model...whatever
2. outline the sacred texts/writings of the christianity and explain
3. explain the ethical system of christianity

And

Do 1 question from Q4-6
1. explain the ethical system of judaism
2. outline the sacred texts/writing..whatever
3. 129871297129 whatever.
I was talking about the essay questions. We did get to chose our short answer questions. For Christianity I remember doing a question on the difference between two churches and another one about the divinity and humanity of Jesus Christ.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
I was talking about the essay questions. We did get to chose our short answer questions. For Christianity I remember doing a question on the difference between two churches and another one about the divinity and humanity of Jesus Christ.
So you got to choose your own short answer questions but you didn't for essays?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
So you got to choose your own short answer questions but you didn't for essays?
If we chose Christianity for short answers we would have to do Islam or whatever religion for the essay or vice versa.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
If we chose Christianity for short answers we would have to do Islam or whatever religion for the essay or vice versa.
Aha! I get it now. Thanks~I think my school might follow that procedure.

bored of sc

HSC
2 sections - 50 marks

SECTION 1 - 15 marks

> Multiple choice (10 marks)

> Identify the features common to all religious traditions (5 marks).

SECTION 2 - 35 marks

> Christianity:
Describe the different types of personal devotion (4 marks)
Explain how one ethical teaching helps adherents in life (5 marks)
Outline the unique features of three of the following (6 marks):
- Anglicanism
- Pentecostalism
- Protestantism
- Catholicism
- Orthodoxy

> Judaism:
Referring to at least 3 specific extracts of sacred text, explain how these texts assist a Jew in an understanding and following of principle beliefs (20 marks).

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
2 sections - 50 marks

SECTION 1 - 15 marks

> Multiple choice (10 marks)

> Identify the features common to all religious traditions (5 marks).

SECTION 2 - 35 marks

> Christianity:
Describe the different types of personal devotion (4 marks)
Explain how one ethical teaching helps adherents (5 marks)
Outline the unique features of three of the following (6 marks):
- Anglicanism
- Pentecostalism
- Protestantism
- Catholicism
- Orthodoxy

> Judaism:
Referring to at least 3 specific extracts of sacred text, explain how these texts assist a Jew in an understanding and following of principle beliefs (20 marks).
wth is this question... how can they expect you to know 3 specific extracts of sacred text let alone one...

Only things that I can really go for are the tzedekah and gimulut chasidism (forming tikkun olam , "repairing the world") and they are not even extracts...

Thanks by the way. It's a really great help!

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
wth is this question... how can they expect you to know 3 specific extracts of sacred text let alone one...

Only things that I can really go for are the tzedekah and gimulut chasidism (forming tikkun olam , "repairing the world") and they are not even extracts...

Thanks by the way. It's a really great help!
In principle beliefs you learnt about the story of the Patriarchs (relates to monotheism and the covenant), and Moses, the exodus and the giving of the Law at Sinai (relates to covenant and moral law prescribed by God). So there's two. And I talked about genesis (the creation stories) to reveal the nature of God as omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, creator, ruler, all-loving etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
In principle beliefs you learnt about the story of the Patriarchs (relates to monotheism and the covenant), and Moses, the exodus and the giving of the Law at Sinai (relates to covenant and moral law prescribed by God). So there's two. And I talked about genesis (the creation stories) to reveal the nature of God as omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, creator, ruler, all-loving etc.
By "extracts", I thought they meant exact words from the Torah.

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
By "extracts", I thought they meant exact words from the Torah.
I don't think it is absolutely critical that the Torah is quoted word for word.

Something alongs the lines of:
The story of the Patriarchs is found in the Jewish sacred text of the Torah; described in the book of Genesis.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
I don't think it is absolutely critical that the Torah is quoted word for word.

Something alongs the lines of:
The story of the Patriarchs is found in the Jewish sacred text of the Torah; described in the book of Genesis.
Ah, ok. Thanks.

catherinet

HSC
I didnt see the question about ancient and indiginous religions on the back of the exam paper until there was only 10 minutes of the exam left.
Ha, what a loser...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
catherinet said:
I didnt see the question about ancient and indiginous religions on the back of the exam paper until there was only 10 minutes of the exam left.
Ha, what a loser...
ah...what a pity.

untouchablecuz

HSC
"[...] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day [...]." - Ex 20:8-11 (Principal belief: God is creator)

"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me." - Exodus (Principal belief: monotheism; God is one)

"Do not harden your heart and shut your hand to your needy neighbour." - Deut 17:7 (Principal belief: Tikkun Olam/obligation to help those in need)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
untouchablecuz said:
"[...] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day [...]." - Ex 20:8-11 (Principal belief: God is creator)

"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me." - Exodus (Principal belief: monotheism; God is one)

"Do not harden your heart and shut your hand to your needy neighbour." - Deut 17:7 (Principal belief: Tikkun Olam/obligation to help those in need)
Haha...that's bloody great! Thanks mate, you are a life-saviour!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)