Soooo pissed (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
I just need to have a little rant to express my annoyedness. In every exam I have had so far (MX2, MX1, Physics, English Adv) I have made some incredibly dumb mistakes which are frustrating me so much. Like today, for example, in Physics I think I have lost up to 10 marks on poor errors such as an addition error, putting a number into the calculator wrong or not reading the question properly. I am annoyed because I know all the content and I believe that I would quite easily have gotten 80%+ if it wasn't for these errors. It scares me to think that the only reason why I would not get a band 6 in a subject would be because of silly mistakes. I understand everyone makes these silly errors but I honestly think I am being ripped off in this HSC as I would get an ATAR much higher than I will end up with due to poor mistakes. I am still confident my marks will align to high b5s/low 90s, but it just frustrates me that I could do so much better. These exams do not reflect the effort I have put in this year or my knowledge of the content. I sure as hell will come out guns blazing in Chem. Time to get some redemption marks. Rant over.

eat_well

HSC
I know the feeling. I haven't felt confident with any of my external exams but I've finished everything already so there's nothing I can do. Yes, the silly mistakes and misreading the question have absolutely destroyed the marks I could have potentially achieved but you never really know anything until you get your ATAR. You have quite scaling subjects as well so I'm sure that'll pull your marks up :).

NOW GO SMASH CHEM!!!

studybot

HSC
Good job though, high B5s/low 90's to me is really good.. eh everyone makes silly mistakes but hey, you're still going to ace it.
It's common to feel you could of done better but maybe you'll surprise yourself, maybe you did the right calculations. :)

Dedopcat

HSC
I know how you feel, I've made incredibly stupid mistakes and totally missed parts of the question/looked at the wrong charges blah blah

oh well

Banned
HSC
N/A
I just need to have a little rant to express my annoyedness. In every exam I have had so far (MX2, MX1, Physics, English Adv) I have made some incredibly dumb mistakes which are frustrating me so much. Like today, for example, in Physics I think I have lost up to 10 marks on poor errors such as an addition error, putting a number into the calculator wrong or not reading the question properly. I am annoyed because I know all the content and I believe that I would quite easily have gotten 80%+ if it wasn't for these errors. It scares me to think that the only reason why I would not get a band 6 in a subject would be because of silly mistakes. I understand everyone makes these silly errors but I honestly think I am being ripped off in this HSC as I would get an ATAR much higher than I will end up with due to poor mistakes. I am still confident my marks will align to high b5s/low 90s, but it just frustrates me that I could do so much better. These exams do not reflect the effort I have put in this year or my knowledge of the content. I sure as hell will come out guns blazing in Chem. Time to get some redemption marks. Rant over.
What course do you want to get it in?

nightweaver066

HSC
I feel for you as someone who shares the same subjects and has the same problem.

RishBonjour

HSC
same problem... physics + 3u + eco fml.
truly frustration when you know your mark doesn't reflect your full potential.
But luck does play a part imo. e.g. your mentality on the day of the exam

ahdil33

HSC
Annoying. At the end of the day there are some things that are just out of your control, you can only do your best, prepare as much as possible under exam conditions.

RishBonjour

HSC
it's 94, and even if it was, I'm aiming for 98+ so with scaling I would hopefully achieve that
MX2 scales like crazy. you probably get that considering you get high band 5s in all your other subjects

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry, I'm annoyed too - it's a somewhat different case but still annoying. Anyway, I'm tied with 2 people on rank 1 in physics. In HSC, both of them screwed up - one of them didn't do 9 marks worth and I saw the MC was very different to mine (mine was pretty standard on BOS), the other screwed up projectile and tower question...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Don't worry, I'm annoyed too - it's a somewhat different case but still annoying. Anyway, I'm tied with 2 people on rank 1 in physics. In HSC, both of them screwed up - one of them didn't do 9 marks worth and I saw the MC was very different to mine (mine was pretty standard on BOS), the other screwed up projectile and tower question...
Well you should have beaten them throughout the year then...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well you should have beaten them throughout the year then...
I believe at someth1ng's school, the tests and differentiation that was meant to occur did not happen, due to dodgy assessments, esp. in chem. My school refuses to let people tie on 1, they will always split to like the 0.00001. Ties on other ranks are cool though.

deswa1

HSC
I believe at someth1ng's school, the tests and differentiation that was meant to occur did not happen, due to dodgy assessments, esp. in chem. My school refuses to let people tie on 1, they will always split to like the 0.00001. Ties on other ranks are cool though.
I thought they had to send in a whole number to BOS- I could be wrong though? That's why we've got 5 people tied equal first in MX1 lol

Zeroes

HSC
I know dat feel

With just chem left I'm hoping I can have at least one exam where I come away without regrets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)