Sony VAIO CW Series or MacBook Pro?? (1 Viewer)

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Hi All,

I'm just picking out a new laptop for uni and have narrowed my selection down to the Sony VAIO CW Series or the MacBook Pro.

I really can't decide and was just looking for any opinions, pros/cons on these two laptops.

Thanks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'd pick sony as i game + am doing engineering (windows is engo program friendly) :)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Depends if you want something that is shiny and can't do anything or a computer.

K

khorne

The Macbook would be too expensive for what you are actually getting...I mean, if you just went with the basic model, which costs nearly the same as the sony, but has worse specs, obviously that would not go well.

BTW, for office/OS, don't forget that windows has a 70 dollar office suite for all uni students...you just have to apply online.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi All,

I'm just picking out a new laptop for uni and have narrowed my selection down to the Sony VAIO CW Series or the MacBook Pro.

I really can't decide and was just looking for any opinions, pros/cons on these two laptops.

Thanks.
I have had two Sony Vaio's and I've loved them. I think the macs are over priced for their specs. Also if you're not familiar with macs thats something to consider, and the types of programs you intend to run.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Defs get the Macbook Pro. But wait till Apple announces their new products on the 27th. See if there's a Macbook update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)