someone tell me (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Why did I decide to go to the 2nd best university in NSW, with an arts/humanities faculty (my area of study) that's not even in the top 40 in the world and is an extra bus ride away from where I live when I could have gone to the best university in NSW, with an arts/humanities faculty that's in the top 5 in the world and is 1 train ride away when I could have easily been accepted there?

Am I that much of an idiot?
Should I change my preferences and hope for a late round offer from USyd instead of UNSW?

also can someone tell me how much it costs to join the gym at USyd and if the facilities there are better than the ones at UNSW?

edit: why did I post this in the USyd forum? o well

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeh you really should of put in usyd in first. Accept the UNSW offer and yeh pray for a late round offer, better change your uac prefs quick smart also put in BArts/BSci at Usyd and other combined BArts degrees because you can drop out of the attached degree my the census date.

The gym/acquatic centre looks pretty good from what i've seen at usyd dont know about unsw though.

Usyd: Gym membership (annual swim and gym pass) $7.70 per week ($400 per year) for Union members, it costs $99 to join the union and you get discounts everywhere on campus for food, drinks, membership to clubs, etc.

http://www.lifestylecentre.unsw.edu.au/page.php?pageID=480

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Wooz said:
Yeh you really should of put in usyd in first. Accept the UNSW offer and yeh pray for a late round offer, better change your uac prefs quick smart also put in BArts/BSci at Usyd and other combined BArts degrees because you can drop out of the attached degree my the census date.

The gym/acquatic centre looks pretty good from what i've seen at usyd dont know about unsw though.
the prefs are closed now but I changed them after the 1st round, lucky I put the one I want to get into the most first.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Martyno1 said:
the prefs are closed now but I changed them after the 1st round, lucky I put the one I want to get into the most first.
Try final round aswell closes 1st Feb if you dont make it in. With as many Usyd BA attached combined degrees put in as possible below your uai.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Well I don't really want to study basic Arts.. I want to study Global/International Studies, or else stay with UNSW.

niteshade1312

HSC
Oh that's bad luck... everyone knows that USYD has the 5th best Faculty of Arts in the world... And that's coming from an Arts kid herself :)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
Oh that's bad luck... everyone knows that USYD has the 5th best Faculty of Arts in the world... And that's coming from an Arts kid herself :)
I knew this.. USyd jut didn't interest me as much as UNSW did, but then I kind of had a realisation a few days ago!

HSC
USyd has the 5th best arts faculty in the world? :X

*wonders what the arts faculties at other universities are like*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)