Someone help poor, helpless USyd person? (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Is the 'pre-examination study hall' IN the Main Library - Kensington? or is the library the actual study hall or something? I do not quite understand.. still, I was quite surprised as to how modern the library looked, Fisher looks quite outdated in comparison.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
study hall? yea people use the library to study at.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
so.... when the unsw library says main library end at 10, exam hall ends at midnight, what does this mean?...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
...that they close off most of the library at 10pm, and the hall (which i guess means a specific section of the librbary) at 12am?

Trajan

HSC
I haven't been to the UNSW library all year...please tell me more about it. :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i thought that the study hall was just the main library. and i think that the sign that you must have read in the library is outdated. back in my first year i think it referred to the bio side of the library now defunct and has become FM assist.

so im not too sure what the study hall may refer to.

D.Buff

Understated.
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if this answers your queries, but the library services close at 10pm and the library closes for the general public, BUT the library stays open until 12am, for UNSW students who want to study.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I know this is stupid but... How do you look for a book and borrow it from the library?
Do i need to make a card?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Omium said:
I know this is stupid but... How do you look for a book and borrow it from the library?
dude didn't that ELISE thing cover that

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Omium said:
your right. that was stupid. but considering your only a first year i think ill take it easy on you.
to borrow a book you use your student id card.

to look for a book and its availability, www.library.unsw.edu.au and then go to catalogue.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
<- 3rd year and never borrowed a book from the unsw library.
<- also never taken a book out of the shelf at the unsw library.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
^above^ laughs at Jago

Your UNSW ID card serves as the library card as well. It's also your swipe card, so don't lose it!

For those who didn't do ELISE or do peer mentoring, it's real simple. :) Head to UNSW library site --> Catalogue --> Type the last name of the book's author following by a comma, then the title of the book.

i.e.

Prescott, Microbiology

Click " Check Availability" to find where and whether it is in the UNSW library. The Level corresponds to what level on the library.

If you want to search for things that are course related, go to Course Materials (also on UNSW main page) and type in the Course Code. i.e. MICR2011

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
heye jago sometimes i dont know why i bothered. the only reason i think i needed it was to borrow a book that i had at home but didnt want to lug around. but instead the book's most recent edition was 8 years ago.

unsw library sux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)