Some roads that seem like fun! (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Any good roads?

Post them up, Australian roads, international roads, etc...

Post up some good driving places...

I'll start:

- Macquarie Pass;
- Great Alpine Road;
- Great Ocean Road (not so good any more, too many people);
- Black Spur (In between Healsville and Narbethong Vic);
- Omeo Highway (Vic);
- Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
- Old Pacfic Hwy (between Sydney and Gosford), i tried it with a car..... pretty good, but would be awesome with a motorbike
- Royal national park/coalcliff bridge?? (haven't tried it, but heard its good)

These roads would be 10 times better on a motorbike than a car

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Go to a remote desert and make a rally course for yourself by placing some foam barriers down (bucket listed doing this one day srs).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Royal Nasho is greatly overrated. Doesn't even make my top 10 list.

Fonzie32

HSC
Yeah Royal Nasho isn't that great.. The first half where the road is rough as f**k is shit, but the 2nd half when the road is smooth is ok. I would say there's only about 3-5 good corners..

Mac Pass is scary. The road is tight and the corners are fast. Crazy adrenaline rush

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Mac Pass is scary. The road is tight and the corners are fast. Crazy adrenaline rush
Agreed, I was disappointed when I hit the bottom though the first time I ran it. It looked longer on the map :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha what happened to Galston Gorge? I remember that used to be a popular place back in the day... but then getting stuck behind a slow car in a single lane road isn't fun.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha what happened to Galston Gorge? I remember that used to be a popular place back in the day... but then getting stuck behind a slow car in a single lane road isn't fun.
I wouldn't do a run down that, the hairpins are way too tight and people cross the centre all the time (doubly bad with a big car on the hairpins). Too dangerous and way too many people. It's probably dangerous at legal speeds.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think it was around there but when I was on my L's an old woman in a merc station wagon entered a one way bridge that I was already on and just sat there waiting for me to reverse out.

Fonzie32

HSC
Maccas drive thru is the best road. If you're lucky you can handbrake it and slide around the corners.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't do a run down that, the hairpins are way too tight and people cross the centre all the time (doubly bad with a big car on the hairpins). Too dangerous and way too many people. It's probably dangerous at legal speeds.
How times have changed lol... that area also became full of police on a Friday or Saturday night before people started moving to OP.

That being said, I had a lot of fun in my Civic on GG. The Evo really struggled with the large turning circle. Being so far down, cold air is always good though. I took my Benz in the wet once and even at street legal speeds it was a bit of a laugh. Wouldn't recommend it for newbies not from the area though- a lot of people have lost their cars there :(

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
How times have changed lol... that area also became full of police on a Friday or Saturday night before people started moving to OP.

That being said, I had a lot of fun in my Civic on GG. The Evo really struggled with the large turning circle. Being so far down, cold air is always good though. I took my Benz in the wet once and even at street legal speeds it was a bit of a laugh. Wouldn't recommend it for newbies not from the area though- a lot of people have lost their cars there :(
I've never taken my Liberty down there but I reckon (from my run both ways in a BRZ) that if I missed my line even slightly on the hairpins I might need a 3 point turn. No thanks lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)