Software Engineering, UNSW vs USYD ????????? (1 Viewer)

grimreaper

HSC
sunny said:
As far as I know the pay doesn't depend on age.

Most tutors are on some sort of scholarship or some sort of research project, as part of the contract, they must do some tutoring. That way it costs CSE nothing extra to get tutors for most subjects.
I just thought pay would depend on experience but I suppose youre right

aditya

HSC
aww man i only have like 9 preferences... fuck.. y so little should be like 50....

grimreaper

HSC
aditya said:
aww man i only have like 9 preferences... fuck.. y so little should be like 50....
lol I only used about 5 of mine, since I expect to get into seng at unsw if the uai remains around 90, and if not will do seng at newcastle which is 80...

grimreaper

HSC
I was reading an article about how demand for IT related courses at uni has been lowering for the past couple of years and that it is still lowering this year but not as much - so perhaps uai cut offs for seng, etc will start raising again in a couple of years. One interesting thing though is that the number of jobs advertised for IT places is increasing rapidly...

AE86

HSC
As if let the UAI go down any futher. I think 90.00 is an ideal mark considering the difficulty of the course. Letting more people in who achieve lower UAIs is going lead to lower competition during the course.

I got 92.90 this year, if the cut off goes down to mid 80s, that's like my UAI going to waste.

Doesn't matter, as long it's lesser or equal to 90.00, i'm not whinging.

sunny

meh.
HSC
AE86 said:
As if let the UAI go down any futher. I think 90.00 is an ideal mark considering the difficulty of the course. Letting more people in who achieve lower UAIs is going lead to lower competition during the course.
No one "lets" UAIs go up or down - its the popularity of the course that determines the cut off.

AE86 said:
I got 92.90 this year, if the cut off goes down to mid 80s, that's like my UAI going to waste.

Doesn't matter, as long it's lesser or equal to 90.00, i'm not whinging.
Extremely common misconception - "I pick a course with a low cut off, therefore I am wasting my UAI". I quote this from another post I made explaining the same idea:

That is exactly the attitude of a Year 12 student who has no idea how UAI cut offs work.

Lets just say hypothically speaking, the UAI cut off for law was 75, and a student who is set on becoming a lawyer one day sees the cut off for an engineering degree is 99. Would the student dump everything he wants to be and go do engineering because it has a higher UAI cut off and therefore must be "better"?

Most probably not. People who pick courses based on UAI cut offs because they think is better is making one of the biggest mistake of their lives. UAI cut offs only indicate the volume of people applied for the course, not how good it is.

AE86

HSC
LOL, i made a fool out of myself for saying that!!

You have convinced me, Sunny!!

Anyhow, i'm very confident that i'm not choosing CE based on UAI. Computer stuff is my interest and i couldn't imagine myself doing commerce, law, medicine and etc.

Also, you can't really blame me if most parents are like that too.

Guess what a typical conservative parent would think if you got a UAI 99 and you choose to do nursing.

lol, i've got nothing against ppl doing nursing but just using it as an example.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)