Software engineering EAS? (1 Viewer)

NoIdea77

HSC
I only learnt today that EAS isn't simply reducing the ATAR by 5 and you get a placement that only a certain amount of places are available for EAS students.

I don't know if i'll manage to get 91+ but i think I can get close 88-89+ and was wondering if this is enough for EAS to get me the rest of the way? Low socioeconomic school EAS that is, the automatic one.

So yeah, whats the usual EAS cutoff for software engineering or roughly how many places are avaliable?

Thanks for any help :)

xNoLiMiTz

HSC
Educational Access Schemes - They help students who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage gain admission to tertiary study

D94

HSC
N/A
From the UNSW website, it says that your ATAR is increased by how ever many points you are eligible for, but then you are still competing with every other applicant. There's no guarantee that you will get a place. There does not appear to be a certain amount of places available for EAS students.

http://www.unsw.edu.au/access-scheme

ismeta

HSC
Maybe consider UNSW's FEAS (Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme), it's possible to get in with an ATAR of >= 81. I know a few of my friends made it into engineering because of this scheme.

HSC
N/A
Hi. I am not aware of any limits on the number of EAS students. Where did you hear about this?

HSC
89 is just a few points off. You will get it probably. Also engineering is in demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)