• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SOFT subjects (the easy way out) . Your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

SimonLee13

HSC
People choose what they like, no matter what scales better. Legal studies was the 3rd highest HSC subject average, after MX1 and MX2 (2006 HSC) at Sydney Boys High. As if its low scaling.

mattbannister

HSC
Seamus733 said:
At OP: Do you know how hard it is to get a Band 6 in English Standard? I'm 11th out of 298 at my school, and there's still no way I can get a Band 6.
Studies of Religion is not even close to soft as well...

In expressing my opinion: You sir, are an idiot.
It is hard because you are [kind of] being ranked against advanced students. Not because your course is hard.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
Fuck you you fucking wanker cunt fukn asshole! Those subjects are not easyyy!!

Just kidding brother. They are easy, and people that do them are lazy. :)
anyone up for a game?
let's play 'quote the idiot'.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
lol, this is coming from someone who agrees with the OP.
You are honestly unable to detect any kind of essence of trolling in posts.

HSC
Black.Magic said:
-- Legal Studies. Oh yes.
-- Studies of Religion
-- Geography
-- Business Studies
-- Biology
-- All those accredited subjects or whatever, like sheet metal working.
-- anything else that strikes you as a subject for people with undersized brains.

Now, granted, I am trying to be at least a bit inflammatory, but, my good people, what are your thoughts on these soft subjects and the ninnies who do them? (They're off the hook if they have some sort of mental impairment, God bless them).
Should we force them to do real subjects like physics and maths, and English extension? (Though physics is slowly becoming more and more like a humanity subject).

Go fourth and express your important opinion.

You absolute ignorant piece of shit. If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd know that Studies of Religion 2U scales up there with physics and chemistry. Last year it scaled higher then any year previous, and my diocease met up and had a flap off about a kid who got 2nd in the state who's mark scaled up even to the extent of 4U maths kids (so they say but I think that's a little exaggerated)

Legal and buisness are far from 'easy' - yes they attract a lower canditure of students but if you saw the big chunk of notes which is the 'Crime' and 'Family' section of legal studies you'd eat your own words.

And english extension isn't hard at all. All you need to do is know a story and an essay which you can adapt to the question, I'm ranked top of extension english in a 187th school and all I've done is rehashed a single essay 6 times! plus you get a fucking hour to write a single essay!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
cannibal.horse said:
Studies of Religion 2U scales up there with physics and chemistry
Not really. It scaled pretty good but it certainly wasn't "up there" with Physics and Chemistry.

HSC
Seamus733 said:
At OP: Do you know how hard it is to get a Band 6 in English Standard? I'm 11th out of 298 at my school, and there's still no way I can get a Band 6.
Studies of Religion is not even close to soft as well...

In expressing my opinion: You sir, are an idiot.
Do you go to SFX at all?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
tommykins said:
You are honestly unable to detect any kind of essence of trolling in posts.
shit troll or genuine idiot?
It's almost impossible to tell these days.

HSC
kaz1 said:
Not really. It scaled pretty good but it certainly wasn't "up there" with Physics and Chemistry.
Mate check out the 2004-2005 hsc scaling patterns (on this website). Out of 50 points per unit:
SOR II - 31
Phyics - 32
Chem - 35

And SOR has gone up.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
shit troll or genuine idiot?
It's almost impossible to tell these days.
Obviously a shit troll if you're unable to use your brain to work out my initial post.

But okies.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Black.Magic said:
a soft subject is one that is very easy compared to other, 'hard subjects'. (e.g. any extension course, sciences excluding biology, etc...)

People choose them, despite their woeful scaling, thinking they can ace them so it doesn't matter. But it does. You lose your man/womanhood. You do your country a dishonour by reinforcing the stereotype that this is a land of slack anti-intellectual drinkers.

A list of soft subjects, for those who are a little confused:
-- Biology

Now, granted, I am trying to be at least a bit inflammatory, but, my good people, what are your thoughts on these soft subjects and the ninnies who do them? (They're off the hook if they have some sort of mental impairment, God bless them).
Should we force them to do real subjects like physics and maths, and English extension? (Though physics is slowly becoming more and more like a humanity subject).

Go fourth and express your important opinion.
:angry: OP IS A FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCKWIT.
DON'T FUCKING JUDGE WHAT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN - E.G BIOLOGY.
YOU SOFT C*NT, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT.
"REAL SUBJECTS"? YOU DIM WITTED FOOL!

HSC SUBJECT ARE OF PERSONAL CHOICE, AND IF A UNIVERSITY COURSE DETAILS PARTICULAR PREREQUISITES THEN WHAT IS THE STUDENT TO DO? IGNORE THIS AND DO "REAL SUBJECTS" FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR MAN/WOMAN HOOD?

AT MORE TIMES THAN NOT, BIOLOGY IS NO WALK IN THE PARK, AND THERE IS MUCH IN THE SYLLABUS TO COVER. FUCKING SOFT SUBJECT? YOU FUCKNUT.

end of rant.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
lol i'm over it now.

i'm just laughing at how ignorant he is now.

*wipes forehead*

idiots these days. trolling.
haha, you're cute, *hugs*.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
cannibal.horse said:
Mate check out the 2004-2005 hsc scaling patterns (on this website). Out of 50 points per unit:
SOR II - 31
Phyics - 32
Chem - 35

And SOR has gone up.
I thought you were talking about last year. The average 2007 average scaled mark per unit in the subject we are talking about are:

Chemistry- 31.3/50
Physics- 30.2/50
SOR II- 27.7/50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)