Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timbk2

“The spherical and three dimensional logo shape depicts a soccer ball while the two toned ochre colours represent the sun, earth and desert which are typical Australian,” said Mr Carroll.

“On closer examination, you see a glow emanating from the centre of the logo which depicts the playing season’s spring and summer time span. This glow gives the logo warmth and life.”

Mr Carroll said the eight logo panels were deliberately briefed into the design.

“There are eight A figures contained within the logo which represent each of the Hyundai A-League’s eight foundation clubs,” he said.

The logo will be the centrepiece on all Hyundai A-League communication, marketing and broadcasting elements.

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
HeCtic said:
Depends where it is being played I'l prolly go to every game. I used to go to every Northern Spirit home game back in Year 10/11 when they were at North Sydney. It'd be a dream come true if Sydney FC were at North Sydney or even SFS. I'd be able to get pissed before and after the game and just jump on a bus home :D

Although most people believe it'll be at Parra as a lot of the football fans are located that way so they'd better improve the parking facilities there as they were atrocious when I went to Parra Power games. Either way having every game shown on Fox and having the Rupert Murdoch media with an active interest in the league can only be a good thing.

EDIT: Oh wait it's at Aussie Stadium which is awesome news. Hopefuly we can get 10k to 15k crowds for the majortiy of the games.
Ahhh shite. I was getting all geared up for a Parra Stadium home ground. That would have been awesome for me as its only around 20 minutes drive from my house. I could get the train or bus if i wanted. Though Aussie would be a smart choice in the long run with a proposed expanding league ie, bigger crowds. But having Parra as the original home ground then maybe progressing to Aussie.

The cap will be great. It will promote a level playing field to begin so that the league will have continued support from fans as each team will be likely to do well each year.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lets just see how it all unfolds...as long as it establishes itself well, n keeps bringin in the young players, it should be fine...n then, just wait for a rich american or russian to offer a huge bid (in the millions of pounds...*cough* i mean, asutralian dollars...) n then, we've got....one dominating team :(

ohwells...i hope it'd good :uhhuh: :rolleyes:

Senator04

HSC
N/A
On A different note, is anyone else getting really sick of the style of soccer, Chelsea are playing under Mourinho? I'm a pretty big Chelsea fan, and I stay up to watch games a bit, but I'm really finding that its difficult to avoid going to sleep. The 0-0 draw against Tottenham was the worst game I've seen in the Premier League in a while. I mean it is successful but something is missing under Mourinho, under Ranieri we may have cost ourselves a Champions League Final spot by subsitituting a back for a forward, but at least we scored some goals and attacking soccer. We have scored 4 in the lst two games against ordinary opposition, but I'm just thinking that if the price of success is boredom, perhaps its a little too much.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah Chelsea's playing well, creating plenty. I think more often than not it's their finishing that's letting them down rather badly. Kezman and Drogba (Drogba especially considering his price tag) have been disappointing, and it's really still Gudjohnson that's doing the damage. Don't you worry, the Chelskis will improve.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
maybe thats because he is INJUIRED

and he scored quite alot when he was actually playing though

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't say Drogba is a disappointment. He scored quite a few goals fo them befo he got injured, eg. against Porto, he got 1 and had another disallowed if I remember correctly.

Arsenal again findin it tough in Europe.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Ronaldinho! What a piece of magic to win the game for Barcelona!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol great game ... gotta love barca`
what a player ronaldinho ...
any of u BOSers playing ucl fantasy football @ www.uefa.com ???

eyebrowman

HSC
yeh im in the uefa fantasy thing
im too lazy to make a league...u guys got one set up?

and goo cheslea..perfect record :) weee

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Barcelona 2 - AC Milan 1....what a great game! Barcelona's performance this time was much better than 2 weeks ago. Also, what a great goal by Ronaldihno...he is a genius!

HSC
I know I may be abit late to this debate, but I am abit disappointed in the new league.

Where at the ethnic teams in the new league? Olympic, Sydney Croatia, ARPIA Leichardt ? Disappointing ASA, John O'Neill is a disgrace! :D

Shmacka

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
ARPIA Leichardt
You call yourself Italian!?

Anywho, Ronaldinhos goal was absolute class. Hes the kind of forward teams need who brings out something special and wins the game and the crowd. Did you see the emotion on his face? He was about to cry. Thats passion and love for the game.

Heres a league i created for us in uefa.com fantasy football. Code is 24067-30821

Shmacka

HSC
eyebrowman said:
yeh im in the uefa fantasy thing
im too lazy to make a league...u guys got one set up?

and goo cheslea..perfect record :) weee
Forza Juve! Havent let a goal in in the Champs League yet. I don't know how Del Piero keeps his place in the starting lineup. Hes a shadow of his former self. And weve now got Ibra to do the trickery, Nedved to take the free kicks, we just need a plain out and out striker, Zalayeta.

SHould be Ibra with Zalayeta at the front until Trezeguet gets back

T

timbk2

go liverpool!
1-0 against Deportivo.

nice to see H.Kewell playing a support striker...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
w00t! superb win by the Reds in La Coruna, by all reports Biscan had a stormer and helped to set up the only goal :D

As for Juve, 4games, 4goals & 12pts, now thats efficient football :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Did anyone watch this morning's game between Man Utd and Sparta Prague? Van Nistelrooy had a great game...scoring 4 goals from a total of 5 shots at goal. He has now scored something like 35 goals from 36 appearances in the Champions League....I only wish that some of our other players could find the net as often.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah i watched it ... i hate van nistelrooy with a passion ... I though the score didnt do justice to how well sparta played ... I thought that sparta played really well ... ronaldo was all class ...

1st goal - mistake
2nd goal - penalty
3rd goal - bad bounce
4th goal - offside

alot of decisions went against sparta ... and i really thought they were in with a shot ...
paborsky and ronaldo were great ...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
has fkn Horse face ever scored a goal outside the 6 yard box (excluding penalties)?

i don't understand why people praise him but criticise Inzaghi. They're both prolific from the tap in position and are equally excellent divers..

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
too right mate ...
true that ...
amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)