So, who's doing some good old GERMAN ? (1 Viewer)

bassqueen16

HSC
sorry im lazy but is this junior german at usyd? if so how does everyone like it, also do you have to have a basic grasp of german to study it at uni? I have never studied german in my life but always wanted to and was wondering if it was worthwhile to do as a unit in uni?? much thanks to those who respond :)

Yeila

HSC
I am feeling nervous, that silly speech :(. Are you going to give a power point presentation?

haha You are too positive, I am ever so envious :eek:
I think I know who you are!! does your friend have long hair ?

Last edited:

Yeila

HSC
You don't need any prior knowledge of German to do Junior German 1 in first semester :p
I have always liked the German language :) so if you like languages/German or whatever you should enjoy yourself

It is always fun to listen to German music as well! haha . Youtube has funny German rap videos :eek: (and I hate hip hop)

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
bassqueen16 said:
sorry im lazy but is this junior german at usyd? if so how does everyone like it, also do you have to have a basic grasp of german to study it at uni? I have never studied german in my life but always wanted to and was wondering if it was worthwhile to do as a unit in uni?? much thanks to those who respond :)
Well i'm currently doing junior German and before I started had never studied German or any language for that matter(other than a year of French in year 8). It all comes down to whether you have the motivation do put in the effort in study. Unfortunatly i'm a little lacking in the motivation factor.
Yeila said:
Are you going to give a power point presentation?
I'd considered it but thats only giving yourself more chances of something going wrong. You? Bah, all this effort and nervousness for a rudding 5%
Yeila said:
It is always fun to listen to German music as well!
I'm a huge fan of the German music scene, only most of the German bands I like sing in English anyway:D Though I'm rather sick of every time i say i like German music, the reply always being: like Rammstein? :mad1:

Last edited:

bassqueen16

HSC
aww thanks guys :) i like german music lawl, like rammstein :) umm so do you all recommend german at usyd, its good?

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
bassqueen16 said:
umm so do you all recommend german at usyd, its good?
I'd definitly reccomend it if you're at all interested in German culture
though I guess it all depends on the individual. Some are much better than picking up languages and so will have much more fun.

Oops, missed your last edit Yeila. Yep my friends the one with the enviously long hair who sits near the door. And don't mind my 'apparent enthusiasm, i just know i'm going to have a mental block/nervous attack at the precisley wrong moment haha

Yeila

HSC
Yes why not ? do German :D (it is better than French =p )
And there is a German club you could join if you want. They give out free German pretzels at meetings, yaaaay !

hahahaha Rammstein :p I download most of it .
I watched this German music show on tvs and got some names down.
Trashmonkeys, Kian, die toten hosen..< they're ok :/
Do you know any good German bands in English/German that you could tell me about? Since my knowledge is lacking !

Nah I'm not doing a power point presentation, I'm not bothered .

Last edited:

Yeila

HSC
hahaha
I heard you two laugh at the tutor's wrong use of "well" in the lecture! ;) hahahah Unless I am mistaken :eek:

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
I don't remember laughing specifically at that, but there were 3 of us sitting up the back in laughing hysterics pretty much throughout that whole lecture, to the point im surprised we didnt get kicked out :eek:
German music...now thats one of my specialities, though i'm afraid my knowledge is somewhat limited to the metal genre (mind you this is incredibly melodic and catchy metal with less growling than rammstein:p). The best examples would be Blind Guardian (http://www.last.fm/music/Blind+Guardian), Edguy (http://www.last.fm/music/Edguy) and Freedom Call (http://www.last.fm/music/Freedom+Call)

bassqueen16

HSC
awww much love for last.fm :p umm yeah lawl PRETZELS i went on the kultur klub link thing it looks like fun guys :) well this is all assuming i get into usyd or even arts/education but if i do, i think german and history will be my majors (is that right?) yeah im a bit of a n00b when it comes to uni :O

Yeila

HSC
hahaha, sorry :p my mistake!

Thanks for the music :)

Yeila

HSC
hey bassqueen
Yeh! you can do a double major/majoring in two subjects.
hmm universitty History is fine, as long as you don't mind a bit of reading :) Although, I didn't enjoy HSTY1025 haha

I haven't gone to the club for ages :p

has anyone watched the movie Sophie Scholl?

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Sophie Scholl - Is that the one Katrin was talking about a couple of weeks ago? I've been too lazy to go to any of the kultur klub things, only having gone to the very first stamtisch. Seeing as I don't drink alcohol I don't really fit in:rolleyes:
Ditto with the thoughts on history readings. I can count the weeks I did all the readings on one hand and all i can say is that my marks reflected that:(
If you want to study history though, bassqueen, germans a good suppliment for research sources etc.

Last edited:

Yeila

HSC
yeh, that's the film Katrin was talking about =p . The German club went and watched it, but I didn't go .Me and my friend kind of began to boycot club outings for a very silly reason =p hahaha.

haha yeh I barely listened in the lecs either :eek: just laughed with my friend :eek:

hm I haven't exactly started my German speech yet haha :S

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Havnt started yet? Well at least you give hope to the rest of us slackers:) Don't worry, when you account for time to write things on the board etc, you really don't need that much to fill the 3 minutes. Of course trying to make it NOT sound like 3 minutes of boring drivel is the hardest part.
Boycott eh, the guy in the lederhosen serving drinks didnt scare you off did he.:p

Anyway, seems i've managed to somewhat hijack this thread with rambling drivel. Better hide before the mods tell me off :eek:

Yeila

HSC
hahah the lederhosen guy hahahaha

I actually wanted to take a picture :eek:

Yeh, I better start this thing now! =p
cheerio ;)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Haha are you guys in the 12 oclock class? I'm in the 11 oclock class. You'll know me as I'm the one that always gets into arguments with Katrin, or she always makes snide comments to me and I'll tell her where to go. Coming back from the hols yes, I could answer many questions as I'd studied a little bit, but with the pace it's going at now, I can't answer a thing. I don't like this, compulsory homework thing. Not that I don't want to do it, but with Henrike, I did what I wanted, and that would result in being every exercise, but with Katrin it feels so forced and I'm stressed out by the fact that she wants it done by the next lesson when I usually have to work that night, that I just look up the answers in the back.

But yeah, she has this way of looking at you like you are the stupidest person ever if you can't answer her question. Or if we have questions she answers it with a kind of "you retard" tone.

This presentation is pissing me off. They didn't give enough notice. I can't learn a speech that long to present without reading it when it's in ENGLISH yet alone in German in only 4 days. And then making our next exam on Tuesday? Wtf? As if only tell us now. I kept asking her, I've been asking her everyday for like the past 2 weeks when the exam would be and she's like oh I don't know, I don't know. And then she decides to make it ASAP. What a retard.

I don't go to Stammtisch anymore just because that means I'm voluntarily putting myself in situations where I'd have to be around her.

German used to be my favourite subject...argh.

(And I hate the class activities, I don't learn from walking around and trying to guess stuff, I learn from memorising!)

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
yulia said:
Haha are you guys in the 12 oclock class?
I was in the 11 o'clock class last semester but now im in the 12 o'clock one (and i still have no idea who either of you are:p). I'd never really noticed Katrin's 'you're a retard' look but well, now that you mention it i can definitlely see it, especially since I myself so regularly give her an 'I have no idea' response to anything she asks. I still maintain she was better than Heinriche though. Somehow Heinriche just seemed a little...vague in some of her teaching methods.
I've no idea what to think of how my presentation went, especially when somehow a handful of people managed to have a speech memorised. WTF! My friend and I managed to attract a few laughs though which may go down well: "Running Wild (German band) singen gegen immmer Piraten";)
And it can't be any worse than my oral assessment last semester :eek:

Who's going to Oktoberfest at Una's!?

Last edited:

Yeila

HSC
hahaha
I'm in the 12 oclock one. I'm not sure who you are Yulia! :d
I don't work well with people who don't seem friendly haha . The thing I liked about Heinrike was how friendly she was =) . I do agree that sometimes she was a bit vague.

hahahah your speech was really good, a lot of info, interesting haha :D which mine sadly lacked due to pure laziness! :eek:
der Ohrwurm? I thought that was some kind of parasite haha

haha don't know who I am ? :) haha hmm well I sit near the window :p you're on my msn list btw hahaha

Oktoberfest at Una's? Or München? haha

Last edited:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
hey all,

I'm in the 11 o'clock class... *waves*. I know who you are yulia!

I also have serious problems with Katrin. :( I gave up on asking questions in class because she always looks so annoyed that you asked and then doesn't answer them properly (e.g. not explaining grammar, "just learn it, it's just like that". grr.)

I can't make it to Oktoberfest, but I've been really meaning to go to a GKK event...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)