So who got an offer? (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Try sleeping in till 8:45, running, catching the shuttle bus, running some more and going to a 9am lecture?

Honestly though the pyjama advantage isn't that great because nobody goes to a lecture in their pjs because they'd look like a dag...

The big advantage is going 'home' for lunch etc.
I didnt think that anyone went to 9 am lectures either! Maybe that's just me though :(

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
a8o said:
I don't own a car, but because my mum's a social worker doing school counselling in catholic schools, I can usually borrow her car at some point during the day because of school holidays. I have a really lucrative run with lots of flats so I can get a stack of each type, about an armful and then plant my feet and fill 20 or 30 letter boxes without walking (usually something like woolies or coles, bunnings, myer). About 90 minutes for $50, but its really hot and boring work and people walking past or coming home give you really dodgy looks. Because it's so casual, I can do it whenever I feel like. When I'm about to quit, I'll probably cheat...a bit more than I do already.
oh you lucky luckyyou, I do it too but it's all houses for me, and some of them have really shitty letter boxes that are heaps far apart, and some are really hard to jam things in, and it;'s really far to walk and my dad gets pissed having to drive me, and the pay is crap. :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My younger siblings used to do it.... I worked out what the hourly pay rate was equivalent to - 5/8s of fuck all.

Oh and one of the advantages of Arts courses is its rare to have a 9am lecture (especially on a monday morning......).

a8o

HSC
Yeah, I just ignore the shitty letter boxes because there aren't that many.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
loquasagacious said:
My younger siblings used to do it.... I worked out what the hourly pay rate was equivalent to - 5/8s of fuck all.

Oh and one of the advantages of Arts courses is its rare to have a 9am lecture (especially on a monday morning......).
ah huh. I don't do arts.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I know - but I do :p.

I dont believe law or eco/comm generally start at 9 either.... though last sem my stat course was a 9am....

Kirika

HSC
well i made a draft timetable (am arts/law) but obviously its a draft and im not sure how it all works. I've got one class down for 9am, a law large teaching group, but i remember that there were about 3 times you could do it so its sounds reasonable to not ever have to start at 9am.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Timetables are still in early drafts be aware of this.

From memory law timetables were nasty to work out.

Remember if you have unavoidable clashes to report them - they may be fixed.

lulu2

HSC
does this mean we have 2 make our own timetables or r they made 4 us?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
lulu2 said:
does this mean we have 2 make our own timetables or r they made 4 us?
We make our own. A rough timetable is up at timetable.anu.edu.au. Depending on your degree though, you'll be assigned tutorial/practical groups or have to enrol in them yourself (often online, but not always). Science programs often assign you tutorial groups, while in law you can usually enrol yourself online.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Its abit of a mix between they give you one and you make one....

You don't get to decide when lectures are held - but you do get to decide which ones to go to (either because there are multiple ones or because of the courses you choose).

After you have got all your lectures sorted out (and hopefully not clashing) then you get down to tutes. These are organised in the first week of classes and are typically enrolled in online (your lecturer will explain how). Now it becomes a matter of fitting these in the best possible way around your lectures. The exciting bit being that there are number limits so you may have to rush in order to get your preferred tute time.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
omg_a said:
bad news on the draft timetable is 9am wed and Fri crim law classes for us oldies (ie 2nd years). how nasty!
I know. To make things worse, those are probably lectures that I'm going to want to go to as well :(.

neelz

HSC
I got a late round offer for Bachelor of Science (Psychology). I think I might take up the offer. :)

What does this mean?..

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="95%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2">On-Line Application Status

</td> </tr> <tr><td>
</td><td class="Bold">Ursula Hall</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr><td class="Bold" valign="top">Personal Details</td><td>
DOB: 5/04/1988 Sex: M
Nationality: Country: </td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr> <tr><td class="Bold" valign="top">Permanent Contact Details</td><td>******
VIC ****
Australia
Ph:******** Mob:***** Other:
*******</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr> <tr><td class="Bold" valign="top">Application Status</td><td>Academic Offer Made</td></tr></tbody> </table>

a8o

HSC
Hey neelz, I had the same thing about a week ago, nothing seemed to be getting done, but when I called SAS (student accomo. services), bruce (first pref) and brugmann (second choice) within a day i was placed. Acacdemic offer made seemed to imply something like you're on a waiting list, there are no rooms, but we'll see what we can do. I could be wrong on everything here though, because my questions were answered with 'we have an accomodation guarantee for new undergraduates', although that only applies for main round offers. Maybe by calling my application was unlost and not allowed to languish? Apparently after applications are made through SAS, each college/hall has its own system of processing/filing applicants. So probably the best thing is to pester them, get in their hair until they let you in somewhere!

That's all I know, hopefully this has been some help to you. Good luck.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Im from Leeton, near Griffith, but was a canberra local from way back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)