So whats it like at UWS? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

So I plan on transferring to Arts at UWS next year after a year of Science at UNSW.

So tell me what its like over there at UWS? Whats good about Arts at UWS? Whats shit about Arts at UWS? Whats the campus and social life like? What are the teachers and facilties like? What extra-cirriculum activities do you guys have?

I hear a lot of people talk shit about Arts degrees and their job prospects, as well as about UWS in general, so I am a bit hesitant about going there. But I dont believe half the shit I hear anyway. So yeah, tell me this isnt so :)

Also I plan on taking myself on a self guided tour there this weekend. Where can I park for free?

:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
He doesn't go to UWS you'd be better off waiting for a UWS Arts student to talk to you.

Are you at Bankstown or Penrith and what are you looking at to major in?
I am half a social science student so I could tell you general things but not too much about Arts.

Depending on the campus free parking may be an issue, Bankstown I think you can park for free on the street outside, anywhere else inside its $4 per day or the $50 parking permit (which is what I use) all campuses, as long as you want as many times a year :)

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
http://www.uwsconnect.com.au/home/ is a good place to look for all the social/leisure activities UWS does.

I go to UWS Campbelltown, and i find the campus to be very nice. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Im doing B Business so i dont know much about the Arts facilities and all that. but ive never had a problem with any of my lecturers or tutors. UWS is great, i wouldnt want to go anywhere else.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I'll prolly end up doing communications there next year.. Sooo it's good?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my sisters boyfriend does that at the Penrith campus. he seems to enjoy it. he says the hot girl:guy ratio in that course is huge. thats totally why you'd choose to do a degree...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Shell said:
http://www.uwsconnect.com.au/home/ is a good place to look for all the social/leisure activities UWS does.

I go to UWS Campbelltown, and i find the campus to be very nice. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Im doing B Business so i dont know much about the Arts facilities and all that. but ive never had a problem with any of my lecturers or tutors. UWS is great, i wouldnt want to go anywhere else.
thats because you havent been to usyd yet..its fun fun fun fun fun funnnnn

Dr_Doom

HSC
Shell said:
my sisters boyfriend does that at the Penrith campus. he seems to enjoy it. he says the hot girl:guy ratio in that course is huge. thats totally why you'd choose to do a degree...
yeah I heard the ratio of girls to guys is that there's 6 girls for every guy :|

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
thats because you havent been to usyd yet..its fun fun fun fun fun funnnnn
Well, the only reason that's true is coz Ashton's at usyd. still not enough to sway me to transfer.

melodic_gal

HSC
UWS is okay i go to the bankstown campus smallish some teachers/lectures are alright some aren't. i don't particuarly enjoy my degree but i still find it okay

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
dont ever come to the Bankstown campus, its located in the middle of no where

ive been here for 2yrs and its a shit hole, theres nothing to do and social life is pretty crap, u got a lot of muslims on this campus and there always preaching outside the main building.

Heres a tip. Dont come to UWS.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I was gunna do my uni choices tonight and put uws as 1. Now I don't think I wana :p

purplemonkey

HSC
What campus r u thinking of applying to? Im in my 2nd sem of B Arts at Bankstown...the degree itself is pretty varied depending what ur major is...not sure about 2nd/3rd year but in 1st the choice of electives is pretty limited...2 out of the 4 compulsory units are pretty good (Australia & the World and Media & Visual Cultures)..but the other 2 I think are pretty shit (but thats just me :p ) ...Im not too sure about the extra cirricular stuff, I dont hang round uni much as it takes me just under 2hrs to get there...ummm, yeah most of the lectures/tutors are good...what r u planning on majoring in?...post any specific questions and il try to help as much as i can... :)

L

LaraB

IP_freely said:
dont ever come to the Bankstown campus, its located in the middle of no where

ive been here for 2yrs and its a shit hole, theres nothing to do and social life is pretty crap, u got a lot of muslims on this campus and there always preaching outside the main building.

Heres a tip. Dont come to UWS.
lol there's nutters preaching at every campus of every uni.. :p

have you ever come across the nutty christians at UNSW? or teh animal rights fruit cakes at UTS? or the coptics at uws? not all of em are crazy and pushy but some are...

Dr_Doom

HSC
I'm thinking of doing a bachelor of communications and majoring in journalism at the penrith campus.

G

Gavvvvvin

Dr_Doom said:
I'm thinking of doing a bachelor of communications and majoring in journalism at the penrith campus.
thats what I wanna do :eek:

Odourless

HSC
Im doing Communications at Penrith, werrington south.

The Penrith campus is really nice, fairly new and lots of land.....

All the teachers are great, its not like UWS has lower standards than other unis so don't worry about that. All the stuff you hear about UWS isn't like it actually is. I really enjoy it......and its true theres heaps of ladies here :)

The one problem I have with UWS is that being spread out over many campuses you usually only know people from your course. Mine being the design/comm students (with some others doing different courses), but theres over 500 of them so its not that bad and I can always go over to the Kingswood campus where theres some more people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)