So what really is an imaginative journey? Like seriously (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
We kind of took a different approach for Preliminary. Instead of classifying them all as physical, imaginative etc. we just called them journeys in general.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Aplus said:
Well, we're doing Belonging for 2009.
Doesn't that sound riveting :uhoh:

It always surprises me how much time they can waste and still complain that the students aren't getting an 'appreciation of the text'

Its not that I don't appreciate the text. I just don't appreciate the fuck boring context in which the text is taught.

One of our in class texts this year was studying an advertising pamphlet and how it related to the imaginative journey.

a pamphlet...

for three frickin weeks...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
English teachers at my school are really excited about Belonging apparently, because theres none of the BS classification involved.

The fact they're excited by a new AOS is evidence enough that they're a bit whacked.

Wilbur21

HSC
AxelLoder said:
Okay guys, I'm being serious now.
I actually don't know what an imaginative journey is.

No, seriously. I need help guys.

The frickin test is on Friday and I don't know what to write for section 3.
Maybe I'll just draw a picture or something.
yeah me to, pretty pictures. i wonder if they will take pitty on us and just give us some marks? like the tempest is just bullshit in which you have to write bullshit about... i think i need a tutor

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
AxelLoder said:
Hmmm indeed. But there would be some physical change in an imaginative journey surely? Wouldn't the activity in the brain while undertaking an imaginative journey change the travellers physical conditions?
Maybe the physical construct we perceive, the construct we call life, is actually an imaginative journey.
Maybe life is an imaginative journey.
That means even the physical journeys we undertake are an imaginative journey in the mind of our celestial host.

Does that make sense to you?

I think that will be my thesis.
Sounds too much like solipsism, and solipsism = fail.

Loganrah

HSC
unless your doing philosophy in which case solipsism = win, although solipsism = lonely is also true.

Anyway, it's often easy to answer the question without defining an imaginative journey in your essay. In fact I've always been told not to start with definitions.

And as for the moving from point A to B thing, I understand that imaginative journey's don't have to involve physical movement but it sounds like some people think they can't have it. And since Rime definitely has a physical journey I'd say that's wrong.

rihanna91

HSC
I just wanted to ask anyone if they knew The Golden compass its a movie directed by Chris Weitz... anyways i'm doing that for one of my related texts for Imaginative Journeys and i just wanted to ask if anyone knew anything else i could talk about like techniques and things... i've already got the satire- with the whole magesterium being authority... I've also used that its an element of escapism, does anyone have anything else i could please use??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)