So what really is an imaginative journey? Like seriously (1 Viewer)

AxelLoder

HSC
Okay guys, I'm being serious now.
I actually don't know what an imaginative journey is.

No, seriously. I need help guys.

The frickin test is on Friday and I don't know what to write for section 3.
Maybe I'll just draw a picture or something.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Imaginative journeys are journeys on which the traveller does not physically point from point A to B. The physical, literal journey is absent and is instead fuelled by the composers and subsequently their audience capacity to imagine and wonder about the world around them with out boundaries.

According to my introduction, anyway

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Imaginative journeys are journeys on which the traveller does not physically point from point A to B. The physical, literal journey is absent and is instead fuelled by the composers and subsequently their audience capacity to imagine and wonder about the world around them with out boundaries.

According to my introduction, anyway
seriously
i envy you?

god damn it

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
housah0lic said:
seriously
i envy you?

god damn it
has been for a year or so. its pretty much the first thing i write in aos exams, even if i dont do the essay first.

AxelLoder

HSC
Hmmm indeed. But there would be some physical change in an imaginative journey surely? Wouldn't the activity in the brain while undertaking an imaginative journey change the travellers physical conditions?
Maybe the physical construct we perceive, the construct we call life, is actually an imaginative journey.
Maybe life is an imaginative journey.
That means even the physical journeys we undertake are an imaginative journey in the mind of our celestial host.

Does that make sense to you?

I think that will be my thesis.

Sarinity

HSC
A stupidstupid topic which the english mob at the board of studies made up:D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Makes sense, but is a bit complicated when you try and argue it, because I started out going down that path and just. Stopped. Too hard, because then basically any text can be an imaginative journey in theory, but finding techniques that prove it is hard.

What prescribed text are you doing? The Tempest?

wintering

HSC
From my introduction:

"The imaginative journey is a journey of the mind; a construct of the imagination not physically present to the senses, but no less important for it. By engaging in the speculation essential to the imaginative journey, we open up ourselves to possibilities new and other, which will hopefully translate into true and lasting insight."

laureese

HSC
AxelLoder said:
Hmmm indeed. But there would be some physical change in an imaginative journey surely? Wouldn't the activity in the brain while undertaking an imaginative journey change the travellers physical conditions?
Maybe the physical construct we perceive, the construct we call life, is actually an imaginative journey.....
physical journeys can spark inner journeys.. you can usually always relate a physical journey to an inner journey..
i guess you could say the same thing the other way around.

Jessie Girl

HSC
this is a really silly and very very VERY broad topic i think.. this and history and memory.. but imagination is so complicated its obvious why advanced got thrown with it.. this topoc messes with your head.. anythin to do with the subconcious and things that are beyond physical reality is basicly it right?
HATE STUDYING! :vcross:

sam jay

HSC
my intoduction. i think, not quite sure yet.

"Imaginative journeys are simply movements where a individual doesnt actually have to go anywhere. The literal expedition is absent but it is replaced but a journey that is fueled by the human capacity to inagine"

sidenote: i take standard english and was given imaginative journeys. we studied the film contact,.

friction

HSC
I think i might need a definition of what an imaginite journey is in my introduction. but i hate definitions. So i probably wont.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
An Imaginative Journey, is in contrast to a Physical Journey, not a journey which an individual or group of individuals undertake in order to move from one destination to another, with some fundamental reason for undertaking such a journey. An Imaginative Journey would not literally mean, a journey from point A to point B, but rather, a sort of metaphorical framework. It could be a journey of the stream of consciousness, wherein the journey is of the psychological sense.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
you need one line on what an imag journey is in your introduction; any more and its overkill.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Aplus said:
An Imaginative Journey, is in contrast to a Physical Journey, not a journey which an individual or group of individuals undertake in order to move from one destination to another, with some fundamental reason for undertaking such a journey. An Imaginative Journey would not literally mean, a journey from point A to point B, but rather, a sort of metaphorical framework. It could be a journey of the stream of consciousness, wherein the journey is of the psychological sense.
=d I have a sneaking feeling we were given the same handouts!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
=d I have a sneaking feeling we were given the same handouts!
I don't have any handout.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Aplus said:
I don't have any handout.
Weird, because thats like, a combination of a handful of definitions of imaginative journeys my class was given this time last year when we started AOS.

Coinkydink me thinks.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well, we're doing Belonging for 2009.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Aplus said:
Well, we're doing Belonging for 2009.
I just figured you might have been given similar material to what I was given for your prelim AOS is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)