So I failed Advanced English half yearly.. (1 Viewer)

GREMM1S

HSC
You must have stuffed up pretty bad because the advanced english half yearly was pretty hard, i thought i stuffed up and i got 90.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I just passed my English First Section Advanced Half Yearly, and owned the Second Section, so I guess it balances out :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I didn't fail - but I didn't do as well as I would've liked in Advanced. Keep your chin up - move on. There will be other opportunities.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
I didn't fail - but I didn't do as well as I would've liked in Advanced. Keep your chin up - move on. There will be other opportunities.
Strong words.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I received an abhorrently pathetic mark of 40% last year in English. I remember getting the lowest mark in the class for my listening task. Now, I am nearly topping the year with over 90%. English is all about getting prepared. Failing to prepare will get you a poor result.

Good luck.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
How do you even prepare for a listening task?
Well, the way I prepare now is basically reading some materials about the task given. When the listening task is given about something. I usually study it with tiny hope that the stuffs I study may help me with the task. Usually, you cannot prepare for it. You just have to be in the best condition possible and open your eyes to the extent where your ear extends from the top of your face to the bottom of your face. Then write notes without stopping (basically write anything down on a piece of paper). :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, the way I prepare now is basically reading some materials about the task given. When the listening task is given about something. I usually study it with tiny hope that the stuffs I study may help me with the task. Usually, you cannot prepare for it. You just have to be in the best condition possible and open your eyes to the extent where your ear extends from the top of your face to the bottom of your face. Then write notes without stopping (basically write anything down on a piece of paper). :D
You'd think I'd get enough practise writing things down fast by doing Japanese, but I don't :( Thanks for the advice anyways.

I have a 15% weighting English Listening Exam coming up - noooo!

bettina44

HSC
i feel your pain,i didn't fail but i did pretty shitty-19/30 =63% the highest mark in the grade was 24 and the highest in our class(we're the ext class) was 22.yet surprisingly i got a ok ranking-15/90

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
......... failure. I don't know my ranks yet, and I didn't completely bottom out the grade or anything, but I probably got below average. Gone are the days of High Distinctions...

What about Extension results? (if any1's interested, failed that as well ...:()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)