'small' accounting firm cadetship (1 Viewer)

dwk72

HSC
Hi all.
I've been offered a cadetship at a small-ish firm (around 20 employees) in Strathfield. I intend to commence a B Commerce at USYD or UNSW next year.
Would accepting a cadetship at a smaller firm put me at a disadvantage with regards to finding employment with a Big 4 after graduation?
Alternatively, should I reject the offer and pursue a Big 4 cadetship later in my first semester (the only work experience I have is my current position which I commenced 3 weeks ago as a casual office junior)?

Suggestions/comments would be appreciated :)

feedmemore

HSC
What disadvantage??? Shouldn't this be an advantage to get to the Big 4 since you will have experience. It may be a disadvantage in terms of studies depending on what you can handle / pressure of work + study

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
You'll be a big big dick to the small firm moving to big 4, but it happens, just stay in your current one and apply for the big 4 in the second sem, see where it leads you.

dwk72

HSC
You'll be a big big dick to the small firm moving to big 4, but it happens, just stay in your current one and apply for the big 4 in the second sem, see where it leads you.
3 jobs in the space of half a year isn't exactly a good look.......

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
3 jobs in the space of half a year isn't exactly a good look.......
You don't have to mention your current job anywhere once you have a bit more experience - a few months isn't much and is something a lot of people probably wouldn't include in their resumes a bit down the line.

Nothing is guaranteed anyway, what if you have trouble getting the big 4 position you want? I reckon you should take the current opportunity you have, but don't think of it as a short term gig until you can move elsewhere.

enoilgam

HSC
This pretty much. Also, keep in mind the workforce is becoming more and more mobile as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)