Sleeping with damp hair (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I was wondering whether sleeping with damp hair is bad or not? Coz my mum thinks that sleeping with 'wet' hair will lead to me having headaches in future, coz of the coldness of my hair seeping into my brain, or something...

But whenever i sleep with 'wet' hair, it's usually only slightly damp.

So, does sleeping with damp/wet hair really make any difference to my health??? I mean, i know that i'll wake up with seriously fugly hair, but i don't think it'll give me any brain damage or anything. nothing wrong, right?

poWerdrY

HSC
hey! thats exactly what my mum tells me as well. but i think its just an old wives tale :confused: any bos people studying med willing to help us out?

Crizzy

HSC
lol my mum says that too for some reason... maybe it was something back in their days... But yeah i sleep with damp hair sometimes and nothing happens... though its harder for me to brush my hair in the morning coz it stays in a funny shape, even when i've brushed it a million times. :mad1:

T

trolloutaface

"Instyle Hair warns against sleeping with wet hair, saying when hair is wet, "the hydrogen bond is broken." Therefore, hair strands are more fragile and easier to break."

also, I heard that sleeping with damp hair can give you loads of dandruff. it might be a lie though idk :S

just don't.

HSC
While you wait for your hair to dry, just come on BoS. :)
Your hair will be dry before you know it. :eek:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I hate sleeping with damp hair, it makes my pillow all wet and icky.

I doubt it does anything bad long-term, though. Minor discomfort is the worst side-effect.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
trolloutaface said:
"Instyle Hair warns against sleeping with wet hair, saying when hair is wet, "the hydrogen bond is broken." Therefore, hair strands are more fragile and easier to break."

also, I heard that sleeping with damp hair can give you loads of dandruff. it might be a lie though idk :S

just don't.
'the hydrogen bond is broken'???? Lol, maybe i should ask my chem teacher about this. lol, the hydrogen bond between what?

T

trolloutaface

chocolate_lover said:
While you wait for your hair to dry, just come on BoS. :)
Your hair will be dry before you know it. :eek:
or you could just use a hair dryer ^_^

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm serious.
arghgh!!! really!!! :eek: :eek:

proof, man! Show me proof!!! i need validation!!!

i can feel my eyes burning!!!! :eek:

sangboi

HSC
LOL isnt this an asian myth? and i'm just wondering to all those people who said their mums told them that sleeping with wet hair is bad - are you guys asian?

Goodbye

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It won't make you get headaches... but it can cause blindness.
I really don't want to believe this. Source plz.

Yeah I heard this as well. So I always blowdry my hair before I sleep. I reckon that causes more damage though :( .

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
sangboi said:
LOL isnt this an asian myth? and i'm just wondering to all those people who said their mums told them that sleeping with wet hair is bad - are you guys asian?
lol. yeah, i'm asian. :p Yeah, it's probably an asian wive's tale, coz my mum got told it from her mum, and so on so forth... lol ^_^"

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Goodbye said:
I really don't want to believe this. Source plz.

Yeah I heard this as well. So I always blowdry my hair before I sleep. I reckon that causes more damage though :( .
blowdrying is worse..you should be letting your hair dry naturally as much as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)