Sleeping with damp hair (1 Viewer)

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
how wet is wet? like as in hair still dripping, or only damp down close to the skin?

i sleep with sorta damp hair pretty much every night and im fine... dont often get headaches/whatever

no excess dandruff either

therefore, im asian myth-proof =D

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
(long-haired guy here) I sleep with wet hair unfortunately it's made my old pillows go moldy so I had to buy new ones. :mad1:

white ferret

HSC
mum also says it'll make my hair oily more quickly coz of the water staying on ur skin longer, therefore making ur body think that ur skin isnt oily enough, which makes it secrete more oil. and also cause headaches and other aches and pains.

mum's a doc. but im also asian, who sleeps with damp hair. =P

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm surprised there's so many of you who sleep with nothing between your hair and the pillow!
ever since i was young(ish), my mum's always told me that it's not that good to go to bed with wet hair (i dont remember why though)..but she's always told me to put a towel on top of my pillow to soak up the moisture in my hair
and no i'm not asian

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
alby said:
i'm surprised there's so many of you who sleep with nothing between your hair and the pillow!
ever since i was young(ish), my mum's always told me that it's not that good to go to bed with wet hair (i dont remember why though)..but she's always told me to put a towel on top of my pillow to soak up the moisture in my hair
and no i'm not asian
I would but towels aren't as comfortable.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
i have a towel between my pillow and my hair =]

its acutally more comfty than just sleeping on the pillow (well thats what i think)

back to the questions, i think that you should just let your hair dry naturally cause using really hot blowdriers damage your hair butt sleeping wiht it wet makes it really untidy in the morning

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sometimes i sleep with damp hair, it doesnt seem to do anything except make it a bit unmanageable the next day. my parents used to be paranoid about it but they stopped nagging a few years ago (im not asian btw).

Sonata

HSC
i sleep with damp hair once in a while doesnt seem to have any effects on me, though it fells weird to sleep with a pillow that is slightly wet and icky so i rather wait till it drys up

jirwin

HSC
alby said:
and no i'm not asian
do u sleep with a towel on top of ur pillow even on the nights u don't wash ur hair?

anyway, i sometimes sleep with damp hair but only when i have a shower later than usual which isn't that often - just when assignments are due. i havent had any problems that i've noticed - harder to brush in the morning but still manageable.

mishy-mushu

HSC
ssejamafone said:
I was wondering whether sleeping with damp hair is bad or not? Coz my mum thinks that sleeping with 'wet' hair will lead to me having headaches in future, coz of the coldness of my hair seeping into my brain, or something...

But whenever i sleep with 'wet' hair, it's usually only slightly damp.

So, does sleeping with damp/wet hair really make any difference to my health??? I mean, i know that i'll wake up with seriously fugly hair, but i don't think it'll give me any brain damage or anything. nothing wrong, right?

Its crazy tho hey because they say its bad to go to bed with wet hair but its just as bad blow drying your hair all the time as well. Its a lose lose situation

ebbjade

HSC
my hair is curly, so i always sleep wit damp hair, coz it makes my hair go awesum for the morning.... Boo hahah yeh

bellinda

HSC
my mum use to always say it will make me sick.. probebly true.. wet hair cold night...

but nothing about brain damage.. lol..

:rofl:

Kiim2507

HSC
My mum always said don't sleep with wet hair because it's give you a sore neck =\
I rarely go to sleep with wet hair but when I do sometimes it's given me a sore neck and sometimes it doesn't so not sure about that one.

rozymisty

HSC
I used to just leave the hair a bit damp and go to bed with a towel over the pillow, wake up in the morning with frizzy and knotty hair, not good when your hair is already frizzy.

Going to bed with wet hair also can make your pillow go all mouldy, which does lead to health problems coz you're breathing all that mould in. Unless of course you get one of those waterproof pillow protectors, but then the pillow case can still go mouldy...plus plastic on pillows hmm..not sure about comfort there lol.

I ususally towel dry my hair and then put some heat protector stuff on my hair before i blow dry it, that helps to protect it a bit...if you dont have that, just use the lowest heat setting.

And whoever said they wash their hair every night, thats not a good idea. If its coz you got oily hair all the time, go to a hairdresser adn get a proper shampoo and conditioner rather than drying out your hair from washing it all the time, coz you get more oil...

Or you could just wash your hair during the day or something and sit out in the sun and let it dry that way..excuse to get a tan, although thats not a good idea.!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sleeping with damp hair just gives me a massive headache..no brain damage or bullshit like that.

Evilo

HSC
i asked my gf - shes 19 and has slept with wet hair since she remembers - hasn't had any troubles. In her case - wet means damp - not dripping wet

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)