Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (1 Viewer)

epic man

HSC
And we are asking WHY are men only allowed to join the military, if women can beat fitness tests given to them, able to wield a gun and have the peace of mind shooting dead another human, why cant they join?
Because someone said so, and they can join, If they are a man. You are asking the wrong questions.

epic man

HSC
TO CLARIFY:
1. I am neither for or against freedom of women to join the infantry.
2. Thats pretty much all I wanted to say...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
TO CLARIFY:
1. I am neither for or against freedom of women to join the infantry.
2. Thats pretty much all I wanted to say...
Then if you have nothing constructive to write, the why bother posting at all?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Women cant compare to men when it comes to the physical aspects of the infantry, simply due to the build of men compared to women.

so..pretty much what s.h.o.d.a.n. said.
That's not what I said. At all.

I simply defended this move by the government, since they're taking a scientific approach to it. If women met the criteria the government sets for the various roles (which will be the same criteria for males), then women should be allowed in these roles. Their gender should be irrelevant, and that's exactly how the government plans to approach the situation.

jonathancollins

HSC
Only support roles such as catering, mechanics etc.

Read up on the subject mate.
And we are asking WHY are men only allowed to join the military, if women can beat fitness tests given to them, able to wield a gun and have the peace of mind shooting dead another human, why cant they join?
you are contradicting your self there, women are allowed to join the army they are just not allowed to serve on the front line or in the infantry. they are allowed to join support corps.

women have just as much a right as men to join the army they are just not allowed on the front line for the fact the fratonization between male and female corpsman/women would happen.

Random_dude

HSC
you are contradicting your self there, women are allowed to join the army they are just not allowed to serve on the front line or in the infantry. they are allowed to join support corps.

women have just as much a right as men to join the army they are just not allowed on the front line for the fact the fratonization between male and female corpsman/women would happen.

you forgot homosexual relationships:)

anyone should be allowed to serve on the frontline, if they have the guts, the build, and the mentality then let them go shoot people in the name of our country.
so far, all i have seen, is a group of men whinging that women are entering a 'man's' job. really, go and suck it up. the more people we have in the army, the better.

epic man

HSC
the more people we have in the army, the better.
I think I would prefer to have more people performing real jobs helping our society rather than waiting for a war, fighting for someone else and wasting taxpayers' money.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I believe that if women can pass the tests and exercises necessary to gain entry to the infantry then sure thing. It's already allowable in the U.K.

I know some chicks who have gone to the army and they're tougher mentally and physically than half the guys I know.

Also, Australia's small population lends us to a smaller army. Giving women equal roles in this respect will help alleviate that problem ever so slightly.

Haven't you guys ever read the Tomorrow Series? Ellie was the toughest of the lot.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

I mixed up the wording.

Its meant to be Infantry.

spyro14

HSC
Haven't you guys ever read the Tomorrow Series? Ellie was the toughest of the lot.
Because John Marsden is a great military tactician and an expert on defferentiated gender psyche's.

Ohh and haven't you read the series, in the last book Ellie freezes up and consequently Iain the kiwi soldier gets either captured or killed. So what was your point again?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Because John Marsden is a great military tactician and an expert on defferentiated gender psyche's.

Ohh and haven't you read the series, in the last book Ellie freezes up and consequently Iain the kiwi soldier gets either captured or killed. So what was your point again?
Your such a relaxed and not up tight person aren't you? Very good to entertain a light conversation with.

If we're going to get into it however....So what if Ellie froze up? I didn't say that all women are super-freaky robots who retain total control in every situation. Staying purely in the confines of the series, there are many situations where the male characters also make similar mistakes in the field, Kevin being a notable example.

Our school does this thing where all the grade twelves have to walk 80ks in a twenty four hour period (through the bush). Many of the "tough" guys who you would think would thrive in such a challenging endeavour ended up down the back of the line whinging their heads off at 4AM, whilst many girls of average fitness and less of the sporty guys spent their time striding away up the front, encouraging others.

This obviously lacks relevance because none of us were under pressure to kill anyone or protect the nation (much), but I thought it was an interesting real life example of how unexpected people flourish in arduous situations.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I AM SO PROPHETIC.

I can predict Australian political discourse.

Watching q&A and what are they talking about?? If Australian women should be allowed to serve in the infantry, - THROUGH THE CHARACTER OF ELLIE LINTON.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Your such a relaxed and not up tight person aren't you? Very good to entertain a light conversation with.

If we're going to get into it however....So what if Ellie froze up? I didn't say that all women are super-freaky robots who retain total control in every situation. Staying purely in the confines of the series, there are many situations where the male characters also make similar mistakes in the field, Kevin being a notable example.

Our school does this thing where all the grade twelves have to walk 80ks in a twenty four hour period (through the bush). Many of the "tough" guys who you would think would thrive in such a challenging endeavour ended up down the back of the line whinging their heads off at 4AM, whilst many girls of average fitness and less of the sporty guys spent their time striding away up the front, encouraging others.

This obviously lacks relevance because none of us were under pressure to kill anyone or protect the nation (much), but I thought it was an interesting real life example of how unexpected people flourish in arduous situations.
Hardcore school imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)