Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society? (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: About hymen existence

boris said:
So Iron, are you basically saying you could never have a relationship with somebody who isn't a virgin, because the relationship wouldn't be as loving or pure?
The trust and bond would never be as pure, no. They have freely given that which is most sacred, with little regard to the gravity. They are unclean, they are cheap, they have no interest in the rich and complex layers of human beings. Rather, they skim the surface of love. Their overwhelming love for themselves and their pursuit for pleasure, as if it is a sustainable and a worthy goal in itself, will never see them fully click with another soul. Their Napoleonic conquests, their uncompromising, vain lust for power over others will end in the same pathetic way it always will.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Youve been a wonderful audience, goodnight.

boris

Banned
HSC

Slidey said:
yep lol. And I fell for it.
Me too mang.

A+ troll though, I would still believe it except when he used Napoleonic I was like...no way man!

ccc123

HSC

Iron said:
My reasoning is as pure and white as the virginity I speak of.

To retain your virginity despite temptation/offers whatever, you affirm your loyalty to the concept of a one true love - a soulmate, another half, a natural extension of yourself, a solid unpenetratable unit whos synergy allows you to achieve goals no individual could achieve.

Most of all, it's trust. In a time and age skeptical of fellow man, business, government, God, truth, existence, trust is of fundermental importance. Virginity is an article of faith, an act of defiance against a corrupt and imperfect world. When you give someone your virginity, you give them your innocence, your youth, your hopes for peace, unity, love and community - you give them your trust. If the concrete of romantic chemistry has been seen to, then the summit of sex is the glue to seal the time-old, sacred bond between two lovers.

Of course people can learn to love others, but that love will never be as perfect, pure or sublime.
Deal with it.
lol at this post which is nearly as overwritten as mine

And so, in a similarly overdone manner, I paraphrase:

... to offer your virginity on the alter of transient sexual desires is to deny an irrefrangible purity that solidifies the profoundly sacrosanct bond between two lovers...

So this is the view projected by christians and the like. But really, are those people still entrenched in the old ways of thinking? Does anyone actually value virginity anymore? And who said anything about affirming belief in true love? To draw a close correlation between sex and love is ignorant.

SEX------based on physical attraction

LOVE-----based on emotional attraction.

Sure the two can interrelate, but they are hardly one and the same.

Last edited:

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC

ccc123 said:
lol at this post which is nearly as overwritten as mine

And so, in a similarly overdone manner, I paraphrase:

... to offer your virginity on the alter of transient sexual desires is to deny an irrefrangible purity that solidifies the profoundly sacrosanct bond between two lovers...

So this is the view projected by christians and the like. But really, are those people still entranched in the old ways of thinking? Does anyone actually value virginity anymore? And who said anything about affirming belief in true love? To draw a close correlation between sex and love is ignorant.

SEX------based on physical attraction

LOVE-----based on emotional attraction.

Sure the two can interrelate, but they are hardly one and the same.
Might wanna go back a few posts and read again.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

hurikai said:
WTF

But he was a mod... :(
You'd be surprised how mischievous you can be as a mod; everyone takes you uber seriously.

HSC

yea the reason im still a virgin is cause im holding out for someone special, im kinda sentimental like that guys.

esquared

HSC

hey dudes if you want to get laid, get laid. and if you don't, don't.

the conservative kiddies should stop acting like they deserve a medal for denying themselves

the sex kiddies should stop acting like they deserve a medal for every lay they get.

daretodream

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society?

discuss!
What a BIAS question to ask to start with. Virginity to be considered? for women BUT IS IT FOR MEN TOO??

and anyway who in this world now really spares time to give the issue of virginity a thought?? It's just as extinct as dinasours and dodo's. Get real and talk about STI's!

Virginity is not a problem....its the after effects....look at the statics...the number of people with these disgusting diseases are shooting up.

Gosford

HSC
I still regard virginity as a virtue. The thought, the idea that someone is holding out for you. It is a sign of innocence and love.
I am not saying you cannot love someone if you are not a virgin...and sure I would prefer someone like that...but it isnt always necessary!
Sure most people that feel this way are religious but not all. I was speaking to some girl in QLD...and she although not religious (more spiritual...) said she was waiting for right person. And she was 20+!

bassistx

HSC

SpinCobra said:
Wait wait. People actually use tampons? o_O

I dont think I know any girls that use tampons. At least, all the asian girls I know use pads..
This is why. Because dumbasses like you only take "intact" girls.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i don't really know why it should ever be considered a virtue. To me its synonymous with naivety. Maybe its some sort of novelty about how little they know about sex or something, some sort of mild amusement at their ignorance.

I am amused the few times i have discovered girls my age are virgins. Its kind of weird like "so whats wrong with you?" not to say that they are all weird, but its always an awkward encounter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)