Should the insane be executed (1 Viewer)

Should murderers who are insane be executed?

• Total voters

tonyharrison

HSC
They wouldn't get any because the recidivism rate is ridiculously low like 1% for murder.

the actual rate of recidivism for murder in general is very low. Murder tends to be a very situation-specific crime, which is why the justice system does not universally apply life sentences or executions to all murders. There are a few types of murder that clearly suggest a higher probability of recidivism - serial killers, murder-for-hire, etc. - which is why the legal system tends to apply the most severe sentences to those crimes.
Yeah but this thread is regarding the insane murderers. I think anyone who is regarded as insane needs some form of rehabilitation.

I also don't really know what point you're making. But cool :)

strasiotto

HSC
Azza16, Chrissiieee, Cinnamonster, cp3, Ethanescence, fliick, Freakstyler09, gsd, gunne, HumanDichotomy, I.refuse.a.name, Iron, Jessica14, JonathanM, kaz1, KFunk, khorne, lessstress, mbashbro, mostwanted092, murphyad, PrettyStarFury, PwarYuex, Rafy, ruchira2122, spiny norman, spyborg, strasiotto, sunny-side-up, Tofuu, yaniscool

The BOS weak minded north shore hippy club

Firstly, I live in the mountains, not the north shore :)
Secondly, I'm not a hippy, I don't know how you managed to get that impression, but I'll just clear up that misconception by saying no.
Thirdly, don't presume to judge how hard/ easy our life is based on our ethical opinions (shown in GREAT DETAIL through a yes/ no poll), because bro- you don't know squat about us and our lives.

And how is thinking that 'the insane should not be executed' weak minded?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
but some r more equal than others oink

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
you shall die the death unless you renounce

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
some guy said:
Firstly, I live in the mountains, not the north shore
Secondly, I'm not a hippy, I don't know how you managed to get that impression, but I'll just clear up that misconception by saying no.
Thirdly, don't presume to judge how hard/ easy our life is based on our ethical opinions (shown in GREAT DETAIL through a yes/ no poll), because bro- you don't know squat about us and our lives.
Nobody talks to the leader of the AIL like that and gets away with it, punk. Don't make me release BigBoyJames all over your ass.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
so i guess that imprisoning someone who themselves detained an adult against their will for some long time is also ironic and therefore inappropriate as a criminal penalty, k
dorks

strasiotto

HSC
Nobody talks to the leader of the AIL like that and gets away with it, punk. Don't make me release BigBoyJames all over your ass.
Well, I'm sure that'd have more effect on me if I knew/ cared what AIL is, and knew/cared who BigBoyJames is.

Actually, I don't think it would have an effect on me... because I don't care...

strasiotto

HSC
Oh wow. I am so scared. Like I shat my pants. I think it was the use of your terrifying profanities that frightened me, your hardcoreness is soooo intimidating.

douche'.

Your vocab mirrors that of a brain damaged monkey on pot. I guess you do prove the theory that monkeys banging away on a keyboard can produce a sentence with definate structure structure (the term 'structure' being used in the loosest possible sense).

I hope you understood that, but in case you didn't I'll simplify it for your limited intellectual capacity

I IS CALLING YOU TEH IDIOT

random-1005

Banned
HSC
After the recent army shootings (http://community.boredofstudies.org...ve-dead-shooting-fort-hood-military-base.html)

I was discussing with my friends if, on the off chance, the man who committed the shootings was insane if he should be executed.

Basically, I had one friend who kept on saying 'if he could fire the gun, he was sane and should be executed'.

Personally I think the above friend is just being a moron, but I would like to see what you all think about it.

i think u should be executed

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
*injects comrade BBJ with some diazepam*

easy boy. whoa, easy.

strassioso said:
Your vocab mirrors that of a brain damaged monkey on pot.
HA HA HA! What a humour-filled individual! What a unique combination of nouns! Not only have you described Comrade BigBoyJames as a monkey, but what's more is that he is on a psychoactive substance! Even better is that he also suffers from a damaged brain according to your witty criterion!

Congratulations are in order sir. Your sense of what is funny in this world is second to none.

^_^

strasiotto

HSC
Yes, I'm sure your... point... would make a lot of sense, if I was Jewish... Which I'm not, so that kind of invalidates it.

However, since I am Catholic, I'm sure what you are saying would appear perfectly rational if you substituted the word 'Jew' for 'Catholic'.

And once again your vocabulary- I suggest cutting out a few of the 'fucking' s and replacing them with something such as 'gay ass faggot', the variation just shows that you have culture.

I'm sure, with a little work your posts could go from C grade flamings to A grade.

Have fun.

strasiotto

HSC
*injects comrade BBJ with some diazepam*

easy boy. whoa, easy.

HA HA HA! What a humour-filled individual! What a unique combination of nouns! Not only have you described Comrade BigBoyJames as a monkey, but what's more is that he is on a psychoactive substance! Even better is that he also suffers from a damaged brain according to your witty criterion!

Congratulations are in order sir. Your sense of what is funny in this world is second to none.

^_^
Why thank you, I do make an effort.

Its truly been a pleasure being insulted by a master such as yourself, your command over the english language is impressive, and a definate 10/10 for the obvious sarcasm.

Of course, I can't beat that, so since this topic has been completely derailed, I'm just gonna bow out now.

Your response honours me, it means so much to have been taken down by a man still posting on BOS four years after he completed his HSC.

Got2Kno91

HSC
The concept of execution is so primitive and repulsive. NOBODY should be executed. Although I agree with having to pay the price for a crime you commit, the MAIN focus of society should be taking PREVENTATIVE measures, and when that fails and such crimes are committed, REHABILITATING the individual as much as possble, but civilised 'punishment' does have to prevail. I think everyone who goes to jail, no matter what the situation, should be given a chance to get out at some stage, IF they meet certain strict criteria (the more violent/heinous the crime, the higher the standard). In the case of mass murders, such released persons would be subject to intense monitoring in a relatively controlled environment. Every human being has good and bad in them. These people were at one stage little children who their parents loved dearly and cherished.

On the note of insanity, if a individual is GENUINELY utterly insane, and literally does not realise what they're doing is wrong, even in some way think its right or required, then of course they shouldn't go to jail. Institutionalised in a mental health care facility for an indefinite period of time, but not prison. They don't require punishment, they are sick and worthy of our help. Like all human beings, they are worthy of human dignity.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I cant help that feel that society is robbed of a certain gravity w/o the death penalty though. The legal system certainly is. Really sucks the life out of the profession when youre no longer literally pleading for the life of your client before an all-powerful judge. Things become less srs, less respected, more relative and confused.

Sure a handful of bad eggs will be executed and this would be a shame. A fraction of these may also not actually deserve death if all the facts were known. However the benifit their death has for the broader community would be very important imo. It would revive respect for our cherished institutions of state, jolt us out of apathy and flippant attitude to our obligations to the wider community. The deaths should be as public as possible - preferrably with some modern take on the drama of the noose or guillotine.

As long as the guilty are given appropriate time to put their house in order (offered a priest and last meal) then I see no ethical problem with this. Frankly I see more benifits for the overwhelming majority and the well-being of the community. And obviously some criminals are beyond reform, so it would be pointlessly cruel to keep them alive and spoil the chances of reform for other more moderate inmates

this discussion about the insane is stupid tho. There's no crime if there's no significant mental element behind the physical act. They should be restrained, but it makes no sense to talk about punishment in their case

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)