Should pre-marital sex be illegal? (1 Viewer)

sex before marriage should be deemed illegal to keep the idea of marriage alive.

• Total voters

Scissors

HSC
Perhaps the state could install some kind of vaginal protection device in all women upon birth - the key to which would only become available post-marriage.
sounds reasonable enough.

but what can we do to stop men having sex with each other?

same idea?

Venetiad

HSC
Perhaps the state could install some kind of vaginal protection device in all women upon birth - the key to which would only become available post-marriage.
Not gonna happen.

Impossible / Overly Expensive + Social Outrage.

Choose one the first two and the last. :)

rkeys

HSC
No, but it is the government's job to regulate corrupting phenomenon, in the duty of benefiting society as a whole and strengthening 'family ties'. I would say that pre-marital sex is inherently perverted. It does grave injury to the dignity of its participants, since each one becomes an object of base pleasure and illicit's a lack of commitment. It's a dangerous illusion which makes it more difficult to form dignified romantic and later on, family relationships.

imo, though. Like I say, i'm more interested in other opinions

virgin.

MJ13

HSC
I'm pretty hardcore religious, and I am definitely against it.
However, most religious people know that the 'cultural phenomenon' is so far engrained into society that it truly would mess up the world to retract it.
I wish that our world was not the way that it is, but I'm realistic enough to know that it won't change soon.
At the end of it though, everyone is entitled to their choice, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with them.
Personally, I've been propositioned before which I turned down. Primarily because of my faith, but also because, when I get married, I want to be able to say to my wife that I waited for her.
Because I think that losing my virginity before-hand would be paramount to robbery.
But, again, only my personal opinion.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pretty hardcore religious, and I am definitely against it.
However, most religious people know that the 'cultural phenomenon' is so far engrained into society that it truly would mess up the world to retract it.
I wish that our world was not the way that it is, but I'm realistic enough to know that it won't change soon.
At the end of it though, everyone is entitled to their choice, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with them.
Personally, I've been propositioned before which I turned down. Primarily because of my faith, but also because, when I get married, I want to be able to say to my wife that I waited for her.
Because I think that losing my virginity before-hand would be paramount to robbery.
But, again, only my personal opinion.

Id love to know how a virgin is distinguished in a male.

If he has a wet dream, is he still considered a virgin, or is it when he faps he loses it.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Not everyone gets married. My parents have been together since highschool an had three kids and brought them up very well (imo). They decided when they were like 40 to tie the knot for fun.
You can be in a serious, comitted relationship without getting married and matrimony is a piece of paper and ceremony (the other stuff eg vows can be done without marriage) and it has roots in a religion that many do not follow. I thought this was mightily obvious but hey...

Not only is it forbidding a act of indulging a physical desire - it forbids people who don't want to get married from having a family! Discrimination in my opinion and would force a lot of people to do something that they don't want to do which would probably result in more divorces.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Not everyone gets married. My parents have been together since highschool an had three kids and brought them up very well (imo). They decided when they were like 40 to tie the knot for fun.
You can be in a serious, comitted relationship without getting married and matrimony is a piece of paper and ceremony (the other stuff eg vows can be done without marriage) and it has roots in a religion that many do not follow. I thought this was mightily obvious but hey...

It is, but its the religious folk who believe a couple need to be wed to be able to screw each other.

Koolak

HSC
Anyone who actually believes that it should be illegal and that the legislation could be enforced is simply a moron.

Really, a moron and nothing more.

learning lol

HSC
how the hell would they police it?? lol:headbang:
It's ok, just get a few perverts to patrol the streets and if they see any activity well... let's just say they would like to watch :rofl: and then maybe report it if they feel like it

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
..."each one becomes an object of base pleasure and illicit's a lack of commitment."

That's a pretty fucked up generalisation. Having sex before marriage doesn't mean that everbody doing it doesn't commit to the relationship.

Pre-marital sex is NOT the same as casual sex, let alone non-commitment and sleeping around.
I agree completely, and in addition you cannot stereotype something that is so subjective.
Forcing religious rules on a secular society is not just, we are a multicultural, democratic society and should have the right to choose. Seriously, this isn't the 1400's, the Church isn't head of state anymore.:spzz:

HSC
Sex before marriage should be deemed illegal to keep the idea of marriage alive.

Discuss.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Re: Sex before marriage should be deemed illegal to keep the idea of marriage alive.

how would you enforce it, chain babies up at birth, and instead of rings been given at a wedding they are given the keys to the "genital cages"

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Re: Sex before marriage should be deemed illegal to keep the idea of marriage alive.

why is it so crucial to keep the idea of marriage alive?

HSC

I absolutely do not support the idea under any circumstances. This thread is created for those who do support the idea to put forward a reasonable argument for this hypothetical proposed policy.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

I absolutely do not support the idea under any circumstances. This thread is created for those who do support the idea to put forward a reasonable argument for this hypothetical proposed policy.
and my question is directed to them, why is it so crucial to keep the idea of marriage alive?

HSC

if it gets to this point, then society will eventually phase marriage out. there is no particular reasoning behind the preservation of marriage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)