Should I study commerce?? (1 Viewer)

m83m79

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone
Just getting close to my preferences for next year and I've hit a bit of an obstacle.
I want to eventually work in design and in particular an area where most people set up their own business.

So my question is, would it be foolish to try out a B Commerce, and see how I go, when I know I'm naturally more creative??

I appreciate any input greatly!

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know shit, this is just my opinion. Feel free to bash.

What kind of design are you interested in? I would recommend a combined BCom/BArts (is that even possible?) if you are interested in setting up your own business. TBH, I don't think you need ANY sort of university degree to set up a business, but I guess the degree could help.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
Is your interest in design or setting up a business? While a B Com will give you good grounding in various aspects you need in running a business, if you don't have a good core product to sell, you won't have a business. Alternatively, if you plan to hire people to help you out with your business, perhaps you should focus on setting up your business. Ill leave you with those two thoughts. Good luck!

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
probably best to study design, or whatever first

work in the field for a few years

come back and learn accounting if necessary

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed with above. Do what you want to do (i.e. design) because;
a) Commerce doesn't necessarily teach you how to run a business
b) If you're good at design, you'll earn enough money to outsource all the other business administration related stuff which you don't need to know yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)