Should I go overseas 2 weeks before school ends? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
So my dad and brother are going to Vietnam for holidays (my dad's getting married) but it's on the 3rd of Dec which is like 2 weeks before school ends. Considering the fact that I'm basically in year 12 now, should I go with them? I'm not actually sure if I should go because it might have an effect on assignments and such (I know for sure that we have an assignment for English in week 8 where we have to analyze a film) and I'm not sure whether I should risk it and just go...

Also, if I don't go I'll be living home alone so I can have a bit more freedom around the house (I did this at the start of year 11)...

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Hmm ask your teachers about more details about the nature/the time of your assessments.

But if there are no real clashes then my advice is just to go. I'd even go if there were like 1 or 2 clashes. This will mean a lot to your dad and it's one of those family events you wouldn't wanna miss.

Also, you have 6 weeks (depending on how long you stay there) to catch up to 2 weeks of work so that's plenty of time. Just get a good friend to borrow a book off. Though it's up to you to work really hard to catch up.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Go. Have fun. Ask the teacher what is going to be covered in those two weeks and complete them in the holidays.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Heya, I just got back from Vietnam today!

My advice is to find out what you're missing, so you know in advance if you need to move an assessment forward, but I definitely condone going, you can take work over there.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I hate VN....it's boring as fuck.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't like the mosquitoes? :)

I'm going after the HSC.

Laughable

HSC
Oh ok thanks for all your advice! :) I'll make sure to check on my assignment scheduling with my teachers just to get an idea of what I'll be missing out of.
@LoveHateSchool: Really? How long were you staying there for?

Vietnam was actually a really fun experience for me so I would LOVE to come back, my dad is also getting married so I might as well see this new woman of his. :p The only thing I really hate about it is the insects and humidity. T_T

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You don't like the mosquitoes? :)

I'm going after the HSC.
VN is like the only place I've ever been to outside of Australia. (I'm Vietnamese). My parents always make me go back there to visit family, and we're always stuck in the city.

If I were to travel with my friends to the beaches and resorts and whatnot, it'd be better. :p

interesting

HSC
N/A
don't go. you can't afford to miss out on assessments and content :S

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Well personally at my school there's little assessments in last two weeks of Term 4...

To OP, I went to Cambodia and Vietnam. I was overseas for three weeks :)
Aereath, that's boring. Cities are cities. The best parts of VN were all the towns out of Saigon and out of Hanoi I went to!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)