suwag

HSC
Hi,

I go to a school ranked 120-130ish.

My subjects are:
English Adv.
Chemistry
Physics
4u Maths (2u and 3u accelerated, finished already)
Economics

I do enjoy learning about economics in general but so far i haven't been enjoying HSC eco

I hated year 11 eco and i was planning on dropping but i ended up coming top 5 in the cohort

My teachers told me not to drop since I am doing well but i dont even pay attention in class and school rushes the content so I'm always falling behind

I don't have the motivation to study eco

Eco is my worst subject, if i drop i can support and maintain all my other subjects which i do well in

However, i'm a bit scared of screwing up one exam (like skipping over a question i didn't see or something).

What should i do? Any advice or experience?

Thanks

leehuan

HSC
Will give the same advice to others first. They always explain their situation further after I say this.

Keep till the half-yearly exam. Use that as an indicator as to whether or not you should drop.

But if you're constantly unmotivated to try in economics then we already can predict what might happen in the half yearly.

User name

HSC
N/A
I'd suggest keeping it till half yearlys to make sure that your 100% on hating it, cos topic 1 can be a bit dry, the course gets better. But I'd focus more on your other subjects for half yearlys, but still put some effort into eco, and if its still clearly your worst subject and if you still hate it, then I'd drop. Goodluck :)

iStudent

HSC
Keep to the end if possible. I was in a similar position (hated eco essays to death) but eco ended up being my best subject (state ranked lol). Not because I have some magic eco talent - but because eco, as you may have noted - is a rather straightforward subject that doesn't require a lot of time. Just write notes and memorise them the weeks before the exam basically haha.

For reference, I did all your subjects (minus acceleration) and although my eco mark was decent, it was not as great as my marks in other subjects.

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Keep it. You'll be blown away when you begin studying the wonders of the CAD and BoP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)